Dorman no mess oil drain valve

floridafitz

Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
Winter Springs FL
Just did another Mobil 1 oil change at 170,500 miles and noticed I've been rounding the original 10 year old drain plug, so it's time to retire it. Has anyone used and been satisfied with the Dorman "no mess oil drain" product which does not require removing the plug each oil change. Saw it on RockAuto for about $6. Or would you recommend another product....or just stay with a conventional plug. I'm remaining optimistic that she has many more oil change cycles to go :thumbsup:

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Funny you post this today. I was just talking to MAY03LT about a similar plug that was made by FRAM but I can't find it any longer. I had great luck with the one from FRAM on previous vehicles. It makes oil changes a snap. I'll be looking into one of these for my Voy.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
RZAwora said:
Funny you post this today....

What are the odds of that?

I read some reviews on the Dorman version and they weren't good. I don't think I'll make the switch.

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Uh-oh. Never mind then. Haven't read them myself, but I trust you. Guess I won't be switching either. Never had a problem with the FRAM ones I had, but there must be some reason they stopped making them.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
RZAwora said:
Uh-oh. Never mind then. Haven't read them myself, but I trust you. Guess I won't be switching either. Never had a problem with the FRAM ones I had, but there must be some reason they stopped making them.
Yeah, I had on of the FRAM ones myself, it made it kind of nice.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
RZAwora said:
Funny you post this today. I was just talking to MAY03LT about a similar plug that was made by FRAM but I can't find it any longer. I had great luck with the one from FRAM on previous vehicles. It makes oil changes a snap. I'll be looking into one of these for my Voy.

Like this?

[EBAY]130757512134[/EBAY]

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Short Bus said:
Like this?

[EBAY]130757512134[/EBAY]

Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. My Voy isn't in the compatibility list though. That price seems a lot higher than what I remember paying too. At that price, I'll continue pulling my plug. Lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
04envoyxlv8

Members Online