Door wiring issue

Blacktrails

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
My driver side passanger door doesn't give any indication that its open. No dome light, no "door ajar" on the DIC, nothing. But the window will roll down no problem. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

Sent using Tapatalk

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The door-open sensor is separate from the window and the lock/unlock solenoid circuits. If you have a meter, monitor the light blue/black stripe wire in the door harness. It could be broken due to flexing at the hinge line, or the latch assembly could be corroded and just need some lubrication to free up the latch sensor switch. Or the black ground wire to the sensor could be open.

Blacktrails

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Awesome, thanks for letting me know where to look. But, wheres the best place to locate the wires speak of?

Sent using Tapatalk

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
At the door latch (pull the interior panel) or at the hinge line (inside the protective sheath). Getting at the wires at the rear fuse panel where they get passed through to the BCM is more difficult to explain. Assuming you have a meter and are going to troubleshoot it, many folks don't know about the "stick a needle/pin through the insulation to check a wire where you can't get to the connector" trick.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online