door trim

meerschm

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
well, the drivers side rear window is acting flaky,

skips and then does not quite close all the way. looks like it is on the agenda for tomorrow, in between setting out lignts.

any hints on how to get the inside door panel off?

or what to be careful of with the window?

Thanks

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Inside the door's pull handle is a plastic cap, pry it loose with a screw driver or trim tool. Under that are 2 7mm hex head screws, take those out. Pry up the window switch, and disconnect the base from the button. The door release handle bezel has 4 clips at pop loose. Pry on it, but be gentle, as those clips can break off rather easily if you muscle it too hard. (all of mine have 2 or 3 busted clips :hissyfit:) The perimeter of the door is held on by plastic push pins. Wedge a screw driver or trim tool between the metal and plastic, and pop them all loose. Should take you about 5 minutes max. :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
this should help...

[video=youtube_share;KJkAruuIgZo]http://youtu.be/KJkAruuIgZo[/video]

edit: Carlton beat me to it lol..

meerschm

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Thanks to you both!!

meerschm

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Came apart pretty easy. quite a bit of force needed to pull the trim clips, I think they have been on since 2003.

the regulator cable is all jammed and wrinkled. I ordered a replacement from Rock auto.

thought about just leaving it, but the window slides down pretty easy, also thought about just caulking it shut with some silicone, but that seemed to be the easy way out.

Rock auto was $40 cheaper (including shipping) than the local advance auto for the Dorman set.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
awesome news... gotta love the DIY projects.. and on the cheap!!! :grouphug:

meerschm

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
View attachment 24318\

very pretty,

Rock auto, Doorman 741892

only problem is it does not fit. (Thanks to Johhny Cochran, I think of OJ, why, I don't know)

This is the one from the left rear door:

View attachment 24321

process return and order the AC Delco. the AC Delco part matches indicated on GM Parts East, but $40 cheaper.

Hopefully it fits. in mean time the window is taped up.

I put the old one back together, but it came right apart, pulley is off the axle, and cable slides right off.

View attachment 24324

Attachments

• 100_3060.jpg
    100_3060.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_3059.jpg
    100_3059.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_3057.jpg
    100_3057.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 10

meerschm

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
so this is a little BS. Rock auto will take the return, but I am stuck for the return shipping.

only $10.85, but Cheese and Crackers!

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
meerschm said:
so this is a little BS. Rock auto will take the return, but I am stuck for the return shipping.

only $10.85, but Cheese and Crackers!

Sounds like a pain, any idea how you got the wrong one? SWB vs LWB ?

The answer may hep future DIYers.

meerschm

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
BRomanJr said:
Sounds like a pain, any idea how you got the wrong one? SWB vs LWB ?

The answer may hep future DIYers.

I sent the photo to Rock Auto, and checked out a few sites, including Doorman. turns out the part was for a LWB, but in the SWB part number box

from Rock Auto customer service,"Thank you for sending the photos. I looked at the pictures, and it appears that you received part # 741-890 in the 741-892 box. The 741-890 is for the 7 passenger Trailblazer."

they agreed to refund my return shipping. at least the first 8 bucks, I will probably eat the extra $2 for going to the UPS store instead of the service desk. (there was $2 worth of traffic that direction yesterday)

just crap shoot, if they put the wrong part in the box funny (not ha ha) thing is that the same thing happened to me with a trans filter. a shallow pan filter in a deep pan part number box, but at the local NAPA.

no advice, except to check for fit before you throw the shipping container and original box away.

:smile:

meerschm

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
replacement came today. this one fits!! yea!!

went right back together.

all the windows go up and down like they should.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.