Door speakers

Rubberman

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
On the EXT model and in the 2nd row doors are the speakers. I have the stock (nonBose) speakers but will the Bose type fit in there? same mounting config?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Rubberman said:
On the EXT model and in the 2nd row doors are the speakers. I have the stock (nonBose) speakers but will the Bose type fit in there? same mounting config?

If your current speakers are blown and you're looking to replace them, any 6.5" aftermarket speaker would be a better choice than more stockers :twocents:

As for your actual question, the Bose speakers are different than ours, so I don't believe they would drop right in.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
:iagree: with Carlton.. plus for the price, i'd just go after market and get better sound quality..

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
:twocents:Bose has never impressed me an aftermarket system for half the price of what the dealer will charge you for a Bose package option will blow it out of the water everyday.

That being said go aftermarket.If your looking for basically straight replacements at a good price just shoot something like these in there.
Power Acoustik KP-653N (kp653n) 6-1/2" 3-way Speakers
JVC CS-XM620 6-1/2" 2-way Car Speakers - Sonic Electronix
That $20-$35 range

IF your wanting to UPgrade and eventually maybe expanding the whole system this is more of what I would look into. These are just beginner level lines.
[EBAY]260940685190[/EBAY]
[EBAY]360427153063[/EBAY]

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Rubberman said:
I have the stock (nonBose) speakers but will the Bose type fit in there? same mounting config?

They have a very similar connector that can be modified to fit easily, but I doubt you will be able to find some. The Bose speakers do have a larger magnet. I also know that plastic speakers don't sound good either.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Right rear door speaker has been dead for a while. Finally looked up how to take the panel off and pulled the speaker. A kick test jumpering it into one of my ham radio rig's audio out greeted me with absolutely nothing.

So a quick look here and on the web leads me to the knowledge that any 6.5 inch speaker would work. Any recommendations for a good speaker to use with the stock head unit besides whats already in this thread? If the price is good, I might as well replace all four. May even replace what's in the Silverado.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online