Door sills- lighted

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I just got great news today from a machine shop that will be lazer cutting my stainless/lighted door sills. They gave me a quote that blew me away so with that being said prices for lighted powdercoated stainless door sills will be less than $190; thats $45 lower than listed on my site. I will also have generic ones made with just lines (no "SS") thru them. Working out the details now, bringing one sill to them as example and the memory card with the programming, but with Easter weekend here it may take me into Monday for final pricing and availablity. I am stoked as I have been working on this all week!!!

I also have been working on modifying the circuit boards in the tail lights to accept regular 3157 bulbs such as the Crees. Will have 11 pairs available shortly in a package deal with the 6 Cree bulbs.
And I now have a new 168/194 bulb available in 2.5 watt. It is a powerful center chip with 3 chips also on the sides.
IMG_20120405_174917.jpg

Wix.com LEDS created by dfwizleds based on auto-repair-express | Wix.com!

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Brought in one sill as example and the programing this morning to the shop and they will start cutting them Monday. Please let me know who wants a set with "SS" or no logo (lines straight thru) or even lines with a blank spot in the middle for engraving or attaching a logo of choice.

colors of lights for under the sills:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-23157573132280_2202_8590702

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Ace1875 said:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

wait is that for 4 doors or 2 doors? :biggrin:

There are none to replace for the rear. But this is NOT to say I won't be working on something a little later. Now that I have a place that will work directly with me and is so close, the sky is the limit. I'd like to hear requests and we'll look at it.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
cant wait to see the pics :wootwoot:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I'd wan something like the 3rd one without the SS in the middle. Maybe powder coated glossy black but with the lines running straight through it.
6210dc03-b65f-e3c1.jpg

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
I'd wan something like the 3rd one without the SS in the middle. Maybe powder coated glossy black but with the lines running straight through it.
6210dc03-b65f-e3c1.jpg

So are you saying billet aluminum powdered with out lights or you want lines straight thru with lights? :confused:
The two middle ones are billet, with first two and last two are stainless.

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
This is blue lighted sith SS
IMG_20120407_010130.jpg

red lighted with SS
IMG_20120407_010221.jpg

So are people wanting this with the lines straight thru or a different logo in the middle or just a blank in the middle for maybe attaching something unlit?

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
Start a poll dude, Cause those are hott.

I would like to see a Chevy bowtie/ GMC logo. Straight lines would look good too.

On a side note how hard would it be to come up with a billet bezel for the gauge cluster. Kind of like the like the ones you could get off ebay for $15 that went around the gauges.

Right now I'm focused on these door sills and then once they get going out then I'm working on the bumper plates. But these and aluminum work will be done at a different shop since the place with lazer cutting isn't really set up for the CNC machining. A poll can be started but I was trying to get a feel for what choices first.

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I'm starting off with 10 sets of these with SS and will make more as demand warrants. I have 3 sets already spoken for. Then the next five to ten sets will be straight thru lines, dependant on the demand. So anyone contemplating getting the straight line version WITH lights, step up and make your claim. :yes:

Ace1875

Mar 29, 2012
DFWWIZ said:
I'm starting off with 10 sets of these with SS and will make more as demand warrants. I have 3 sets already spoken for. Then the next five to ten sets will be straight thru lines, dependant on the demand. So anyone contemplating getting the straight line version WITH lights, step up and make your claim. :yes:

those look bad ass man. i want with chevy logo with lines in white light, black coated. :thumbsup:

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
TexazReece said:
so kev can you do the door sills and step pad with a bowtie in the empty space and at what cost?

Oh for sure...I just talked with Jim about that idea today. I said it would be nice to have the GMC logo and a bowtie and he said we can do it. I just have to scale it out for him. Its probably a week or two away yet for the sills to be done this way. I need to recoup some $ from my billet sills and the illuminated stainless ones in order to proceed. Now if any one wants to help out with a deposit I can get to them sooner. These should be right around the same price-no more than $190 for stainless lazer cut lighted ones.

NOW on the billet ones, I'll drop even lower on them to get my money back out of them. If any body wants a billet aluminum set in the unfinished machined SS form I will sell them for only $80 right now and you can do what ever finish you want to them yourself. I have 10 sets of them. If you want, I can media blast them for $5 more so they have uniform look.
Paypal: kdhwiz@aol.com $100 deposit gets you inline for the lighted version
IMG_20120331_114706.jpg

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Can you do any that are custom? Like a name or different symbol with the lights?

I'd be interested in that for sure!

And can you do sills for the back doors too?

And just for my 2 cents, I like the partial lines compared to the lines straight through, but that's just me lol

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Voymom said:
Can you do any that are custom? Like a name or different symbol with the lights?

I'd be interested in that for sure!

And can you do sills for the back doors too?

And just for my 2 cents, I like the partial lines compared to the lines straight through, but that's just me lol

Custom logos are possible but at what cost, I don't know. I'll ask but I'm sure it will be double the cost to have them cut since its one off. That is not to say my price to people will be double for a set of sills. It would be alot easier to have a box cut in the middle of the sill between the partial lines and then have a "medallion" cut and attached to the center. This is just some ideas I've been kicking around.
Nothing is happening for rear doors since there aren't any "tin"" ones to remove and replace.
By the way MoM, I'm originally from Iowa (Osage) and lived in CR for 7 years (worked for Amana and Cryovac) before transplanting down here. My mom is still in Osage and we have the wife's family farm just north of Storm Lake.
Kev

Wix.com LEDS created by dfwizleds based on auto-repair-express | Wix.com!

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
I know someone mentioned a GMC logo in the middle, but mine say Denali in the middle and I would fucking love a new set that says Denali but lit up white. The ones I currently have are scratched up, but I'm not sure how many other Denali owners would want these

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
fr34kout said:
I know someone mentioned a GMC logo in the middle, but mine say Denali in the middle and I would fucking love a new set that says Denali but lit up white. The ones I currently have are scratched up, but I'm not sure how many other Denali owners would want these

Hey Mel, I'll check on it. If we can get a few on board with this I'm sure it can be done. I was chatting with Jim today and he told me they are ready to help me out with whatever I want. Anything is possible at a price. :biggrin:
By the way...what time is it there....bout 7pm sumpin?
Kev

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
This idea has been kicked around enough. I'm going to do next, door sills with lights where the lines go straight thru the middle with no logo.
Brushed finish will be $160 and for powder coating you can add $20. Shipping is included.
Light color choices are white, red, blue, yellow, purple
Turnaround time will be from one to two weeks. Any one interested? Deposits are appreciated...half down and half on the day they ship out.

paypal:
kdhwiz@aol.com

I also have several sets of the aluminum SS door sills.
Unfinished in raw form for just $80/pair / add $5 for a media blasted finish (you paint or powder them however and by whoever you like)

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
lights came in early on Sat and the sills get picked up on monday. These are the SS logo ones first, then I need to decide which version next. Either no logo-straight lines thru, a bowtie logo in the middle or...?
Need some feedback and whatever majority is I will have them cut next.

DMD_TB

Dec 4, 2011
DFWWIZ said:
lights came in early on Sat and the sills get picked up on monday. These are the SS logo ones first, then I need to decide which version next. Either no logo-straight lines thru, a bowtie logo in the middle or...?
Need some feedback and whatever majority is I will have them cut next.

i say lines with a bowtie in the middle! :thumbsup:

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
DMD_TB said:
i say lines with a bowtie in the middle! :thumbsup:

Got the "SS" sills in today. Lights came in Saturday...I'm ready to start putting these out. Powdercoating will take an extra two days since I need to do that first followed by the epoxy in the cutouts. Brushed finish just needs the epoxy centers done-1 day to complete. :wootwoot:
IMG_20120416_142109.jpg

AND the working drawing of the sills with a bowtie and short lines is complete. It will be just like these above only with the bowtie instead of the "SS". I will have those finished being cut in less than 2 weeks. Demand will determine how many sets but I will start off with at least 10, same price-$180 for brushed finish-or $190 for powdercoating. That is the shipped prices! :yes:
Anyone wanting the bowtie sills hit me up in a pm or we can start a deposit/payment line right here. Copy this post and add your name on the list.
paypal: kdhwiz@aol.com

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
DMD_TB said:
im from Lake Mills Iowa originally!!

Ah cool. Back in the HS days Lake Mills was in the same conference with Osage. I played basketball against the Stensrud boys-Mike and Maynard. And in college-Waldorf-I had a room mate from Lake Mills- Eric Moe. Also had a class mate their by name of Paul Bjelland....Small World! :thumbsup:

Ace1875

Mar 29, 2012
DFWWIZ said:
This idea has been kicked around enough. I'm going to do next, door sills with lights where the lines go straight thru the middle with no logo.
Brushed finish will be $160 and for powder coating you can add $20. Shipping is included.
Light color choices are white, red, blue, yellow, purple
Turnaround time will be from one to two weeks. Any one interested? Deposits are appreciated...half down and half on the day they ship out.

paypal:
kdhwiz@aol.com

I also have several sets of the aluminum SS door sills.
Unfinished in raw form for just $80/pair / add $5 for a media blasted finish (you paint or powder them however and by whoever you like)

PayPal'd you $150 to get you started. I was thinking either a bowtie or the words "TRAILBLAZER" in lighted sill with black powder coating. Trailblazer cause it looks more exclusive.

Transaction ID 0GL98001EJ878491B.

Sorry for the wait. Let me know what you and other think

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Ace1875 said:
PayPal'd you $150. Transaction ID 0GL98001EJ878491B.

Sorry for the wait.

Just got the deposit from ya, thanks. I will tell Jim to go ahead and get these started and I will probably get them towards end of next week. It will be a few days then to powdercoat and pour the epoxy. These will be the bowtie with lines.

PS> I just called Jim and they will get these cut next week and should have them by week from today!!

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Hoping to pick up the stainless lazer cut door sills with bowtie in the middle, tomorrow. Then to play with the lights and try some new version of lighting which I think will go over the top.
Also got some new lights in that are 168/194 that have 3 SMDs around perimeter and a 3 chip SMD on the top. These are nice and bright perfect for dome reading lamps, front corners or license plate.
IMG_20120405_174901.jpg

also have in stock again the 168/194/921 Cree 5 watt bulbs
7 watt (left) 5 watt (middle) 2.5 watt (right)
IMG_20120426_221113.jpg

AND HERE is comparrison with the Cree 3156 back up bulb on far left
IMG_20120426_221913.jpg

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Ace1875 said:
Umm last two pics r the same. Nvrmnd. U edited

Got ya, :raspberry:. I saw that and made the correction probably right when you looked. :thumbsup:

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
IMG_20120427_123734.jpg
What do you think of this? I can do other color combinations as well.
IMG_20120427_110905.jpg

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Ace1875 said:
Oh wow. I like that a LOT

Can you do mine white lines with traditional yellow bowtie?

Sure, the bowtie is going to be a 1/16" outline of the bowtie. But yea, i will post up a pic on monday which is when I pick up the bowtie sills.

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Got them in today-10 sets-I think I might need more? :wootwoot: :yes::no::confused:
IMG_20120430_105716.jpg

IMG_20120430_105553.jpg

IMG_20120430_105158.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online