Door lock/unlock signal

santon

Original poster
Jun 3, 2020
Israel
Hello,
I am going to install the alarm/remote switch on 2008 TB and need to find a way to connect the lock/unlock signal wire of the alarm to the vehicle. As I understood, in these trucks the door lock and unlock triggers are passed through the data. Unfortunately, the alarm system does not have the data connection and the unlock/lock triggers should be hardwired. The rear doors could be hardwired to the relays 18 and 24 in the rear fuse block but how can I control the front doors? Is there a simple way to do this?

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
Hello,
I am going to install the alarm/remote switch on 2008 TB and need to find a way to connect the lock/unlock signal wire of the alarm to the vehicle. As I understood, in these trucks the door lock and unlock triggers are passed through the data. Unfortunately, the alarm system does not have the data connection and the unlock/lock triggers should be hardwired. The rear doors could be hardwired to the relays 18 and 24 in the rear fuse block but how can I control the front doors? Is there a simple way to do this?
You could use a data interface/security module like the INT-SL+ from fortin.

Reactions: santon

santon

Original poster
Jun 3, 2020
Israel
Yes, I know about the data modules. However, I don't have a time to order it. I thought to use relays to control the motors of the front doors directly, but maybe there is a more easy solution.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Post #29 in this Thread shows the Color Coded Wiring Diagrams among others for the Class 2 Network of the GMT360 Vehicles:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
All I can suggest is to download the manuals and check the wiring schematics.

Edit: @MRRSM sorta beat me to it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's an interface between the remote starter and the vehicle so you're using the remote that came with the remote starter.

santon

Original poster
Jun 3, 2020
Israel
The remote starter that I installed is a cheap one from Aliexpress, Giordon MP913. Surprisingly, it works- the vehicle starts. The kit has some door lock/unlock and trunk lock/unlock wires. So, I understand that Fortin INT-SL+ receives the door lock/unlock signals from the remote starter kit and sends a serial data signal to the "data" wire at the OBD port connection. However, the installation instruction of INT-SL+ also show some additional connections to remote starter. That cheap remote starter kit simply does not have such wires. For example, there should be a "tachometer" connection from INT-SL+ and remote starter but the remote starter does not have a "tach" wire. Is this connection necessary? Will the INT-SL+ work with just door lock/unlock connections to the remote starter?

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The interface sends the tach signal to the remote starter, usually to indicate when the engine has started. If yours doesn't need it, it shouldn't matter.

Reactions: santon

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online