Door jam Switch

Petey

Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Has anyone had success with taking the driver's door latch out to clean the switch or do I need to replace it? I found a youtube video on this (cleaning worked but it was on the full size trucks/suvs nothing on the 360/370 platform

I don't drive this truck much during the week and lately the switch has been getting stuck (open the driver's door no lights and radio stays on) but after use it would free up. Now its getting stuck more and more even after I use the truck for a few days. I've tried wd40 and spray lithium grease with no real luck.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
I would first generously apply lubricant to the door latch then operate by open/close the door a few times. If that doesn't work then pull the door panel and douse the interior of the latch with lubricant and operate the latch. Remove and lubricate but be forewarned that sausage fingers do not easily fit into the door to reconnect the operation rods. Excess lubricant inside the door wont hurt anything and will drain out the weep hole at the bottom of the door. All else fails the remove and replace with another. The latch, latch pin(lights/open door), lock, and actuator are all in one and do not require reprogramming anything to the best of my knowledge.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher