Door Check Strap Hole?

krunal88

Original poster
Apr 13, 2022
South FL
Hello all. I am trying to replace the door check strap on my 2005 Trailblazer LT 2wd and the broken strap currently on the car has one hole going to the body/frame. Driver side door. All the straps I am seeing online to purchase have the 2 holes at the end of the check. I attached the end of the door check I pulled from my car. Any chance anyone knows the right part number? I see a Dorman 924-153 part that may work but not sure. Wonder if GM redesigned the door checks for later years?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
You need the model for 2005.5 - 2009

They are usually twice the price of the 2002-2005.5 thou

$35.00

or $60
Autozone

Advance

Or do what I did.. Go to a junk yard, and get one off a passenger front door.. They are interchangeable. Got it for free

krunal88

Original poster
Apr 13, 2022
South FL
Perfect! Thanks for the help Tollkeeper! Really digging this forum. Check it just about daily and learn a ton from you folks!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Just a warning.. They are a real pain the arse to replace. The window channel is in the way.

I found with the window UP, unbolt the window channel from the door frame by the speaker, and you can move it just barely enough to get the door check out.

The old one will come out easy because its in 2 pieces. The new one is where the problem is.

krunal88

Original poster
Apr 13, 2022
South FL
Just a warning.. They are a real pain the arse to replace. The window channel is in the way.

I found with the window UP, unbolt the window channel from the door frame by the speaker, and you can move it just barely enough to get the door check out.

The old one will come out easy because its in 2 pieces. The new one is where the problem is.
Sounds good. I will grab one off eBay and tackle the job. Thanks Tollkeeper!

krunal88

Original poster
Apr 13, 2022
South FL
Looks like this one might work for a few bucks less if anyone needs one.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online