Don't want OnStar? Too bad! You're paying for it anyway!

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Ilikemy3s

Dec 3, 2011
I wonder if other car makers are doing this and just making it as part of the price of the vehicle and not telling people .. think Tesla ?

Reactions: southsidesmoka

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Heard this morning that BMW is trialing subscription service in South Korea for stuff like heated seats etc. Seriously, a subscription for heated seats.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Toyota tried that for remote start and they walked it back after the backlash. Bad enough we're paying sky high fuel prices that they want to extort more money from us for something we don't even use. I didn't use OnStar at all during the free trial. Totally useless! And the one time I may lock my fob in the truck, I have CAA.

Let it die already!

NJTB

Aug 27, 2012
Flemington, NJ
Guy I worked with bought a 2020 F 350 to tow his travel trailer. About a year later Ford called him up, offered to give him more than he paid for it, and put him in another new (2022) F350.
Basically added several thousand dollars to a downpayment on his new truck.
What's with cars/trucks lately?

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And I received this email from my dealer. Sounds like the US is having problems more than here getting trucks. However, because of my accident, the value may be lower. And if a new one comes with the OnStar BS and no heated seats or steering wheel, they can shove it.

Good morning,

I know you have likely received e-mail and sales invites from us already but I want you to take a read below! It is in regards to your 2021GMCSierra 1500 4wd

We have over 18 new trucks in stock right now. This is the first time in 2 years we have had available inventory ON THE GROUND!

https://www.myerscadillacgm.ca/vehicles/new/?st=pr...

I wanted to touch base on a few subjects that could result in you getting into a new truck for the same or LESS then what you are currently paying. Again, I know you heard this before, but I want to you to keep reading. At Myers on baseline we have built a dealer network of American buyers who are paying us amounts well above black book for trucks. Daily we get lucky customers out of the trucks they are driving and put them in new ones for less!!

Even though you may not have thought about switching anytime soon I would suggest taking a look at the offers that are here for a limited time. The market will not always be this lucrative to buyers so make your move quick!!!

If you want to have your truck appraised please respond to this e-mail and we will set up an appointment for you. We can have your truck appraised from your laneway, work, office etc! This all happens online now!

Thanks for considering!

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
Toyota tried that for remote start and they walked it back after the backlash. Bad enough we're paying sky high fuel prices that they want to extort more money from us for something we don't even use. I didn't use OnStar at all during the free trial. Totally useless! And the one time I may lock my fob in the truck, I have CAA.

Let it die already!

I have nothing but praise for CAA. Saved my bacon many times including the TB. At some point they all go home on the hook.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86