Don't "Sob" when you see this...

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Wonder why "it can never be registered"? Is it stolen or something?

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Might be salvage title? Can't tell from my phone (the 'full' CL shows title status)

@northcreek - change 'sob' to 'saab', for pun value :biggrin:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could be that the ownership/registration/title is lost and/or the previous owner is either unwilling to transfer or has died. Seen this a few times with sleds.

That is sad. I believe that is the first time I've seen one in white. From the wheels, I can tell you it has the 4.2L. Being a plow truck must suck with the slip/bang AWD.

flyboy2610

Aug 24, 2021
Lincoln, Ne.
Actually the front bumper is still there. A good chunk of the bumper cover is missing, however!

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
My plow vehicle (Samurai) was purchased by me with the understanding that it could never be registered for the road. In my case it was abandoned with a rod through the block and recovered by a garage that had a contract with the city to remove these. I received paperwork stating this and that it was a legal purchase...:deal:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Could be that the ownership/registration/title is lost and/or the previous owner is either unwilling to transfer or has died. Seen this a few times with sleds.

That is sad. I believe that is the first time I've seen one in white. From the wheels, I can tell you it has the 4.2L. Being a plow truck must suck with the slip/bang AWD.
Curious, do sleds have titles? Any off road vehicle I've bought has just had a certificate of origin.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Curious, do sleds have titles? Any off road vehicle I've bought has just had a certificate of origin.

We do here. What you call a title, we call registration, basically the plate and owner info registered for the VIN, issued by the Provincial Ministry of Transportation.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Colorado started issuing, and requiring titles, a few years back. I have titles to all my off road rigs.

flyboy2610

Aug 24, 2021
Lincoln, Ne.
I have a trailer I built from '68 Ford F100. The title and registration both list the brand as "home made". After having owned it for at least 15 years, I received a metal sticker with a state issued VIN#, because the state decided it needed one. 🤔

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175