Dome LEDs ordered wrong ones

juggalo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
So i was so quick to get some LEDs for my dome lights i kinda forgot to do my research. It takes five bulbs for my interior, i ordered 6 off ebay since they came as set of twos. Not thinking the four front dome light bulbs would be diff. from the cargo area bulb. man was i wrong. but i didnt feel like waiting for ever for new leds to come from asia again. Sooo this is what i did....

First was just looking at the LEDs and pondering here is what i started with..
View attachment 16925
Next i decided to pop off the metal sides and solder some regular wires to it...
View attachment 16926
Got my dome light housings from the truck to take a look-see...
View attachment 16927
Did a little fiddling around and connected the wires from the LEDS to where the bulbs where suppose to be...
View attachment 16928
Put my new found set-up back in the truck and took pics... There alot brighter then what came stock thats for sure..
View attachment 16929
View attachment 16930

I also see i wasnt the only one who did this mod tonight.... must of been a good night for LEDs..:biggrin:

Edit:: Dont mind the huge mess'

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 5

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Turned out good regardless I ordered all mine yesterday t10 wedge style in case you didn't know :thumbsup: lol sorry had to make a smart comment . It wouldn't be proper if you didn't have to improvise. Can't wait to get mine

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Well done. Turn a mistake into a new mod!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Perfect definition of how to adapt to an unexpected situation. Very nice

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
very nice man!! :thumbsup:

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
juggalo said:
I also see i wasnt the only one who did this mod tonight.... must of been a good night for LEDs..:biggrin:

Hahaha, yeah, I got in on this mod too last night! Mine took a little less work, but yours took ingenuity, and you 'made lemonade' as it were.:thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.