Does the 4.2 platform have an INERTIA CUTOFF SWITCH ?

jhenry999

Original poster
Jun 28, 2015
Does this 4.2 GM platform have an Inertia Fuel Cutoff Switch like my FORD van does ?

Jul 24, 2012
Does this 4.2 GM platform have an Inertia Fuel Cutoff Switch like my FORD van does ?
I do not think it does. I have had fuel pump issues but I don't recall ever running across that and google doesn't show anything, the question has been posted to other sites and it looks like no.

Having fuel issues?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Never seen or heard of one. Nothing in schematics neither.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Nope. GM doesn't use one (and after looking up what it's for, I'm glad, personally)

(for the uninitiated -- it detects sudden stops / extreme angles, and above a certain threshold, cuts fuel supply. There's a reset button to push to bring the flow back online. This is *not* a rollover switch, however.)

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I believe thats just a Ford and Nissan thing.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
for the uninitiated -- it detects sudden stops / extreme angles, and above a certain threshold, cuts fuel supply

This April I was talking to a Bureau of Land Management Ranger and he related that they had some issues with a late model truck when used in an area where they patrol sand dunes. Some of the angles are quite steep and the airbags would deploy without warning!! Dealer said there was nothing they could do about that, some rollover system. Yikes!!

• Wow
Reactions: mrrsm

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online