Does the 2006 Trailblazer have variable power steering?

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
I'm trying to select the proper inner tie rods and apparently it depends; they look the same to me but I wanted to be sure.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
For what year? Some 02's had 14mm threads. Later were upgraded to 16mm. That's the only difference that I know of.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
No. The LWB vs SWB have different ratio power steering pulley or something I do believe but its not due to year

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Ratios yes but tie rods should be the same.

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Sorry, thought it was in the subject but now I don't see it myself....it's a 2006 Trailblazer LS. there are two different Delco inner tie rod options one is about $45 the other is $97....I'll pay for whichever one is needed of course but didn't want to blow the extra $$ if not needed. both are under the 'daily driver" category. when I did the outers, I think they were 16mm

Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
Outer should match inners.
As originally stated your question is slightly confusing as there is a such thing as variable ratio power steering - where the amount of wheel turn varies based on the amount of steering wheel turn. Our platform does not have that. The two different racks are for swb vs lwb, but are constant ratio.
You should be able to check the thread size easily by trying to slip a 15mm wrench over the threaded portion. If 15mm fits, it's not 16mm.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
OK, I looked up the listings on RA. I see your confusion. The ACDelcos say in the description for NON-VARIABLE but there are no listings for variable. Why they put that in there is anybody's guess.

Go ahead and order them. There is no variable steering.

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
OK, I looked up the listings on RA. I see your confusion. The ACDelcos say in the description for NON-VARIABLE but there are no listings for variable. Why they put that in there is anybody's guess.

Go ahead and order them. There is no variable steering.
thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online