Does Seafoam Actually Work? PROOF!

dogfish246

Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
Hey guys,

I always wondered if seafoam actually works so I did some tests. While this is on a small motor, I will be testing it on a dirty car/truck motor soon! I think the results speak for themselves!

Let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdT4DPFXIkM

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Awesome video. I have always used seafoam in my lawn equipment and vehicles. Nice to see actual results in the video. Wonder how much the results will vary when adding seafoam to the gas tank, vacuum line, or atomized through the air intake :undecided:

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
I ran it through the vacuum line and gas tank in my old blazer it definitely smoked but you notice a huge difference

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I have only ran it through the fuel tank and atomized through the intake. My TB did not smoke very much compared to the wife's F150. I assume because I have always ran 93 in the TB and 87 in the F150. The F150 also has 100,000 miles more than my TB.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Nice job on the video :thumbsup: . Not sure though if a clean piston top gets you anything in measurable gains and does that gunk end up stuck in the Cat. ?
For now the only thing in a can that I know works for sure is beer :yes: ....Mike.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Very good video. My question would be how well the Seafoam will work if the same amount is "split" with more than one cylinder. You used 2/3 through the intake so if it's shared with 4, 6 or 8 cylinders, it probably won't have the same effect.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Wow that was another great video, I'm highly looking forward how your test goes with a larger sized engine. It's amazing how great Sea Foam can clean up all that carbon buildup.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I've used Seafoam through the vacuum line twice, with varying results. First time I got very little smoke. Following my PCM tune for 93 octane, I got a ton of smoke. I haven't done it again after getting retuned back to 87 octane. Maybe I should get around to that just to see what happens :undecided:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I have actually never done this to my 02. After 205k miles it could probably use it :undecided:

Reactions: Capote

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
The results after soaking the piston crown was pretty amazing! I suppose it could be done on a car engine if it either has the pistons upright in the first place, enough was added to compensate for that, or the motor was on a stand that allows for turning the pistons upright. But I'd think using an extraction tool of some sort would be better than leaving the plugs unhooked then, and you'd probably also want to change your oil afterward as some probably seeped down.

Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online

No members online now.