Does anyone make a pillar pod for the Trailblazer/Envoy?

Darkrider_LS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Hey guys, Just wondering if there is a pillar pod out there for our trucks, Preferably a single gauge one but dual gauge is fine. Reason im asking is because im looking at getting a Bully Dog Watchdog for my TB this summer and one of the mounting options is an adapter that installs in a pillar pod for a much cleaner look. Also since its related to said Bully Dog, Is there a fuse in the fuse box under the rear seat that is hot only when the key is on? Need to locate one in one of the fuse boxes so the Bully Dog is powered up when the key is turned just like the OE gauges.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
If you have an aftermarket stereo, you can get 12v from its harness assuming you used the right harness

Darkrider_LS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
MAY03LT said:

Awesome! Thanks for the link. Now i just need to pick up one of those fuse tap set ups and connect it to one of the rear fuses listed then i will have my switched power for the Bully Dog :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

DDonnie said:
If you have an aftermarket stereo, you can get 12v from its harness assuming you used the right harness

Currently still stock deck but i will be putting in one of the two Clarions i have here eventually so great info thanks! :thumbsup:

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
If you ever want to run other things with the key on, you might want to consider setting up a power distro box in your dash. Get power from the cigar lighter and use a relay to turn it off and on.

If you are going to draw a lot of power though, I would run a new power line from the battery. Just my 3 cents

Darkrider_LS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
DDonnie said:
If you ever want to run other things with the key on, you might want to consider setting up a power distro box in your dash. Get power from the cigar lighter and use a relay to turn it off and on.

If you are going to draw a lot of power though, I would run a new power line from the battery. Just my 3 cents

Took me reading this a couple times to understand but I get it now. Something like an aux fuse box that is hot only when key is on...relay between a keyed on circuit and a 12v source. Key switched on circuit triggers relay and aux fuse panel draws power from battery via the relay.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Darkrider_LS said:
Took me reading this a couple times to understand but I get it now. Something like an aux fuse box that is hot only when key is on...relay between a keyed on circuit and a 12v source. Key switched on circuit triggers relay and aux fuse panel draws power from battery via the relay.

Yes sir!

I use these, but I'm just powering LED's. You would probably want something a bit heftier depending on how many amps you are drawing. Don't forget to fuse it!

Darkrider_LS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
DDonnie said:
Yes sir!

I use these, but I'm just powering LED's. You would probably want something a bit heftier depending on how many amps you are drawing. Don't forget to fuse it!

Cool, glad I interpreted what you were saying correctly. Thanks for the amazon link as well!

CDJuda

Dec 28, 2012
Recently bought one from another forum member, although it's triple gauge not single or dual gauge.

View attachment 30344

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 21

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
:crazy: I'll let ya know what happens :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member