DOD/AFM (dis?)engagement at highway speeds

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Well, I finally found out what the DOD/AFM engagement feels like when it turns the other cylinders back on. I was going to TN last Friday and drove most of the trip (when on the open road) with the cruise set at 70. I would get to the bottom of a hill/decent incline and feel a slight "bump" in the drivetrain. After a few of these, I quit worrying when the CEL never illuminated. I determined that the incline put more load on the engine (I didn't have Torque open - sorry!) and it reactivated the other 4 cylinders.

I think at lower/slower speeds, there is not enough "force" generated to feel the change. "Force" may not be the right word, but it seemed at the higher speeds, the presence of the other 4 cylinders added so much that their addition was felt.

I think I may tie one LED to an injector that shuts off in V4 mode. If it is flashing, you are in V8 mode, if not, you are in V4 mode. I found the original design here that detailed using two LED's. A quick search should bring it up. If not, I'll dig around and try to find it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online