Do they make headers for trailblazers?

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
I have an 05 and my manifold is cracked so I thought I would upgrade but my search online produced nothing so I’m assuming they don’t? Thanks guys

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Reactions: littleblazer

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
I have an 05 and my manifold is cracked so I thought I would upgrade but my search online produced nothing so I’m assuming they don’t? Thanks guys
Well, there's not 'nothing', but there ain't a whole lot out there either. Kooks makes a set of headers for us, PCM of NC sells them.

I believe some have used the exhaust manifold from 06+ models, but I think some modding needed to be done. I'm sure someone else will be able to confirm.
Who is Kooks? I never heard of them, expensive? does the manifold from ‘06 any better, better anything? I figured I’d do the upgrade to try and gain alittle hp since it has to replaced anyway my truck sounds like a ticking time bomb literally all I hear is a constant loud ticking lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Kooks is good, but is expensive. There is OBX knockoff on ebay as well.

You really are not upgrading with a header. The stock manifolds are pretty good and no performance has really been proven by just a header. With tune and header, there was some, but it was basically equal to manifold and tune.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
:iagree:

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
Oh come one, you should of went with the header. Performance gain... eh, but they do sound really good on my truck.

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
...but getting back to your Original Problem... This Link can fill in the blanks about the R&R Issues involving the GM OEM vs. the only available flavor (DORMAN)) and how to negotiate comfortably around them:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.