Do I have DOD????

dcarver

Original poster
Mar 17, 2013
This is my first post and after searching the forum I've come up with a question. Does my 2005 buick rainier have DOD. I've seen that one site says I do and another says no because of expense already associated with the rainier. Does anyone have a valid answer??

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
dcarver said:
This is my first post and after searching the forum I've come up with a question. Does my 2005 buick rainier have DOD. I've seen that one site says I do and another says no because of expense already associated with the rainier. Does anyone have a valid answer??

Yes it does in 2005..then the big upgrade in 2006 was stabilitrac and the showstopper for 2007 was the tire pressure monitoring system.

dcarver

Original poster
Mar 17, 2013
Ahh stabilitract would've been nice. There's no way of knowing I have it is there? I mean I believe you when you say I have it. I just know some people disable it and I tend to believe maybe mine is because gas mileage isn't what I thought it would be if DOD was activated

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Believe the vin or glove rpo codes will show it...do a quick search here. Have never heard of it being disabeled. I've had two identical trucks (Rainiers) of our platform one a 2004 with v8 but no dod back then and a 2007 with the dod. It's 5% better at most with DOD. It is a CAFE standards and marketing gimic imo. End of the day V* mpg's are going to suck. The truck and larger suv's with the 5.3 have an indicator when it is in v8 or v4 mode and it's barely in v4 mode and the mpgs suck just as bad on those. If I didn't have stuff to tow, I probably wouldn't have suv's or v8's. Stabilitrac was in full form this for this morning's commute just driving 30mph in a straight line on the solid ice highways. In texas, you probably wouldn't ever need it shy of emergency maneuvers.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Look in the glovebox for the RPO code list and look for LH6. Or, look in the VIN and see if it has an M for the 8th digit.

ETA: Sorry - I think that should be the 8th digit. The 10th should be the year.

dcarver

Original poster
Mar 17, 2013
The vin does have engine code M so ya it's the LH6
Jkust,
You'd be surprised how often I do need the stabilitract for bad weather. I'm in lubbock and two weeks ago we had a blizzard warning lol. Not as bad as most but I saw probably a dozen cars caught in snow drifts

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Sorry - I edited my post above. I think the 10th digit is the year. Check the 8th digit for an "M". Your 10th digit should be a 5, since you have a 2005.

mrphoenix80

Jan 1, 2013
My method is I look at the valley pan between the heads and under the intake. If it is flat then no DOD if it has viens on it those are the oil passages for the DOD system.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
dcarver said:
The vin does have engine code M so ya it's the LH6
Jkust,
You'd be surprised how often I do need the stabilitract for bad weather. I'm in lubbock and two weeks ago we had a blizzard warning lol. Not as bad as most but I saw probably a dozen cars caught in snow drifts

So crazy that you get snow in texas. My tires on my 9-7 are right near the end and so I think the stabilitrac is trying to compensate. My wife's identically equipped in every way Rainier with far newer tires doesn't activates its stabilitrac as often. I can beat the stabilitrac system in our cul de sac in my 9-7 but the Rainier just won't allow it.

dcarver

Original poster
Mar 17, 2013
Seeing the cars in your sig are pretty much the exact cars I want in my garage lol. I've got to wait until I finish physical therapy school first to upgrade both cars. When I get out if my wife doesn't mind I want to get her a 2009 envoy Denali and I'm gonna get a 2009 Saab 9-7x. Hopefully we can find them with low miles

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online