Do 9-7x seats fit plug and play into a 2004 Buick Rainier?

jpr1978

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Hello!

I hope you can help!! I have a 2004 Buick Rainier and the seats are heavily worn. I want to replace them with seats out of a 2005-2008 Saab 9-7x or 2004 Bravada. Does anyone know if the seat bolt holes are interchangeable or if the plugs are the same? Thank you in advance for your replies!!

JPR1978

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
The bolt holes will all be interchangeable. Thats the easy part. GM liked changing the plugs and wiring on different years. The power lines can be different as well as the airbag lines. The easiest thing is to get the same year, then the wiring should be the same IF you have the same options in your truck already. Some years are interchangeable, but I don't recall which ones. I put 2006 seats in my 2004. I KNOW those had different plugs. Give it some time, somebody else may remember the years that interchange.:cool:

Shabba

Dec 1, 2011
I can't speak for your options, however;

I just transplanted some 9-7x seats into my 02 TB LS. The bolt holes are the same, and will be for your rainier as well.

The wires will more than likely not be the same, unless you have the exact same options already as the seat you are transplanting in. I went from manual adjust seats to power adjust with heat and memory, and I had to cut and splice several wires in order to just get the power adjust working.

It's not a difficult thing to do, by any means, and if your seats are busted, it's well worth the effort. I say go for it!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online