DJM Modified Upper a arms. Why are they needed?

NORCAL SS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
This is the reason djm now sends people to me if you have a trailblazer and want to lower it. You will hear a tapping on front end and even if you think your ok look where the a arm goes over the spindle you will see a rust mark. That mark means its been hitting which over time can lead to these pics below which has happened MANY times with the unmodified version DJM a arms.

here goes another customer with the regular djm a arms that broke his balljoint last week
ResizedImage_1321588782648.jpg

and one happened 2 weeks ago
2011-11-25162057.jpg

BELOW ARE NORCAL SS'S MODIFIED DJM A ARMS 3 YEARS AND NO ISSUES AT ALL

All issues resolved there are NO PROBLEMS with these a arms once I work my magic lol

$350 shipped for upper a arm (works on awd/4x4 or 2wd trucks)
$400 shipped for 2 inch front complete drop kit (2 inch kit only works on 2wd trucks)

You can buy the arms here
TBSSowners.com Trailblazer Suspension Kits.

• Will work on 2wd and awd and 4x4 Traiblazers from 02 up.
  • This will fix the balljoint/alignment probs when lowering these trucks.
  • For AWD Trucks to lower you can use KBEE coilovers and or belltech lowering struts/kw coilovers
Here's the difference compared to regular DJM a arms
  • Arms will be notched to clear the spindle area.
  • Balljoint hole will be drilled for a 7/16 sized grade 8 bolt and nuts/washers included (this depends on holes drilled from djm if stock bolt will fit in there snug will not need to be drilled for bigger bolts)
  • All zerk threads will be checked.
  • Bushing sleeve fully drilled.
  • Balljoint hole area cleaned for easy fitment.
  • 4 zip ties included to strap brake sensor line on top of a arms.
  • Over past 6 years not 1 arm has failed.
  • Bolt in deal nothing to modify check or buy.
tony@tbssowners.com is my paypal address. When ordering arms will be shipped to me from DJM i will then modify them and ship them out.
Lets go over problems that people talked about that I correct before shipping the arms to customers.

1) Balljoint hole has powdercoating inside of it and makes it harder to install onto balljoint.
  • Fix- You can see in the pics I fully clean out the hole which makes it a snap to put onto the balljoint
IMG_0251.jpg

2) A arm moves when tigthened down with stock bolt on balljoint area. (NOTE: EACH ARM IS TESTED IF THE STOCK BOLT MOVES IN THE HOLE IF IT DOES I DO THE LOWER MODIFICATION. IF THE STOCK BOLT IS TIGHT NO MOD IS NECESSARY)
  • Fix- I drill out the hole for a 7/16 size bolt and supply brand new Grade 8 bolts/nuts. Its a nice and tight fit and yes you do have to tap it thru and torque to 70 lbs (NOTE NOT ALL ARMS WILL NEED THIS BUT ON ONES I FEEL ARE TO LOSE I WILL DO THIS MOD)
IMG_0253.jpg

3) People stated a arms sleeve are not fully drilled and the zerk threads in arms seem stripped.
  • Fix- I take apart the bushings and use a tap to fully clean out out the thread and then test every single zerk fitting in all the a arm holes to make sure there is no issue. I also drill all the a arm sleeves
IMG_0249.jpg

4) A arm taps which caused spindles to crack and a horrible tapping noise.
  • Fix- I CNC clearance the arms. Also lower edges are radius cut to prevent cracking.
photo.jpg

5) A arms packaged and ready to go
IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

Here go two trucks with my modified DJM uppers in and NO ISSUES at all. More stress than 99 percent of the people will put them thru
[video=youtube;stRulSUCKgw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stRulSUCKgw&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;I-N4MJUNUO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-N4MJUNUO0&feature=related[/video]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online

No members online now.