DJM adjustable versus Hotchkis rear sway bar

Chickenhawk

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
As many of you know, I am pretty anal about handling and I am always seeking the most neutral-handling dynamics in any vehicle I own. I installed a Hotchkis rear bar two years ago and LOVE it. It really affected the handling in very significant - but also very subtle - ways.

(By the way, if anyone ever wants to know if upgrading the rear bar adversely affects handling on snow or ice, I would say it has either no effect or is slightly better. After all, nobody corners at 9/10s on snow or ice anyway.)

I have read some of the posts on the DJM adjustable bar and I appreciate the input from folks who replaced the stock or aftermarket bar with the DJM. I would very much appreciate the opinions of others who have gone from a Hotchkis to the DJM. Considering I already spent a great deal of money on the Hotchkis bar, would there be that much of a difference that I would want to throw away a great Hotchkis bar for the DJM? (I have to deal with both the cost of the bar plus shipping to Canada.)

I would also appreciate input on the best sway bar end links for the rear. I have had no problems with my replacement NAPA links because I made them SUPER tight, but that was two years ago, and if I replace the rear bar, I might as well replace the rear links too.

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
I actaully worked with DJM on the bar and had the hotchkis on my tbss. I replaced the bar and right away no more moving around and making noise like the hotchkis because on the design I told djm we need to put stops in it. Bar felt better as the people on the tbss site stated.

I also had a addco bar in my black tbss and replaced that with the DJM bar and same thing doesnt move around since tabs are welded and on the stiffest setting did feel better

Due to me working with them on the bar I have the exclusive sale rights to them
TBSSowners.com Store - DJM Trailblazer Rear Swaybar (Powered by CubeCart)

I ship to canada all the time will be a little more and I ship via USPS so no extra fees are added.

flashman03

Mar 29, 2012
Is the DJM bar in stock? I have been waiting for over two weeks and still my hotchkis bar has not shipped from the company I purchased from. If it is, I will refund and go this route. The bar will work with smaxx links right? I can't see why it wouldn't lol, probably just a stupid question.

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
flashman03 said:
Is the DJM bar in stock? I have been waiting for over two weeks and still my hotchkis bar has not shipped from the company I purchased from. If it is, I will refund and go this route. The bar will work with smaxx links right? I can't see why it wouldn't lol, probably just a stupid question.

hotchkis moves around and hits axle. This is why when i helped with the design with the rear trailblazer bar we addressed that issue.

its in stock ready to ship. you can purchase it on my tbssowners.com/store site

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
+1 for the djm bar, as soon as I put it on and took the TB out, I noticed a difference, I think I was part of the initial GB.

flashman03

Mar 29, 2012
Just purchased the bar. My refund for the Hotckis should be here Monday so all is well. How long is shipping normally on the bar? Kansas if it matters based on UPS or whomever you ship with. Looking forward to finally getting a rear sway bar to complete my suspension upgrade.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online