DJM Adjustable Rear Swaybar

NORCAL SS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I had a accco on my Trailblazer and took off for this one. Like other people have stated the DJM bar has the tabs welded which doesn't let the bar move around and cornering is greatly improved. The front bars on these trucks are big enough the most increase in performance you will feel is the rear bar.

I actually helped design the rear bar with DJM and so am the only person that gets the go to sell them :smile:

DJM 03 Up Rear Swaybar

Fits all all 2wd/awd/4x4 03 UP Trailblazers.
27mm thick
Solid bar design
Comes with new bushings
Bar is adjustable
Picture shows addco bar vs djm bar.
$235 shipped lower 48 states for this kit depending on zip code

Price: $235.00

you can order here >>>>TBSSowners.com Store - DJM Trailblazer Rear Swaybar (Powered by CubeCart)

Here is the bar vs the addco bar I took off. Shorter length which is less twist and it is adjustable
105557d1304827180-djm-swaybar-vs-addco-img-20110505-00483.jpg

Attachments

• BNARS.jpg
    BNARS.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 110

NORCAL SS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
Got a pic of one installed? If it hangs down less under the pumpkin it would also be attractive to offroaders who take ours off to avoid them getting hung up on rocks.

39077394024_large.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Having driven my truck with no swaybars, just the front, and just the rear.... I would say this should make a difference. The rear seems to allow for lots of movement. As stated, the front does seem to do most of the work in the stock configuration. If I had a need, it would seem to be a good upgrade.

NORCAL SS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
there is a reason I didn't spec out a front bar. I've used stock and went to addco etc and honestly no real gain and this has been the same result on the other trucks ive done also. The rear bar by far is the best bang for the buck.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
I bought one of these from Tony back in August for my SS, let me say after having a Hotckis rear bar on my 02 (still on it), the DJM is much stiffer. I installed it on the stiffer setting and havent touched it since, my SS corners almost flat now which is so much better than the tons of body roll.

No need for a front bar as Tony said, but make sure you install the front poly bushings the rear bar kit comes with. :cool:

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
I bought one of these from Tony back in August for my SS, let me say after having a Hotckis rear bar on my 02 (still on it), the DJM is much stiffer. I installed it on the stiffer setting and havent touched it since, my SS corners almost flat now which is so much better than the tons of body roll.

No need for a front bar as Tony said, but make sure you install the front poly bushings the rear bar kit comes with. :cool:

Would this bar significantly improve the handling of an otherwise stock suspension Envoy? The stock height is perfect for me and I'd prefer not to lower it if this alone will give me better handling. I got a lead foot and the body lean is pretty pronounced, especially when flying by others on the highway :eek:

NORCAL SS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Pittdawg said:
Would this bar significantly improve the handling of an otherwise stock suspension Envoy? The stock height is perfect for me and I'd prefer not to lower it if this alone will give me better handling. I got a lead foot and the body lean is pretty pronounced, especially when flying by others on the highway :eek:

yes it does. I usually do the rear bar with the belltech street performance shocks and people are very happy with the result. The bar alone does make a nice difference.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Pittdawg said:

Yes, it makes a HUGE difference. The difference is even more pronounced on stock trucks than trucks already lifted/lowered/modded suspension. Comes with poly swaybar bushings for the front and rear, have to drop the front bar to put them on but its worth it.

I remember when I put the Hotchkis on my 02 when it had completely stock suspension and the difference was immediately noticeable. Then I added drop springs and shocks, thing cornered almost flat except for tire sidewall flex.

NORCAL SS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
i do not change the front bars anymore on the tbss or traiblazers. The rear bar for the price is a much better upgrade. I have the addco on my fronts didnt notice a change where I was like wow. I put the stock bar back on then i put the rear bigger swaybar bar on and right away was different. money much better spent on rear bigger bar then front.

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
NORCAL SS said:
i do not change the front bars anymore on the tbss or traiblazers. The rear bar for the price is a much better upgrade. I have the addco on my fronts didnt notice a change where I was like wow. I put the stock bar back on then i put the rear bigger swaybar bar on and right away was different. money much better spent on rear bigger bar then front.

You ever come down to Los Angeles? I'd rather pay you for installation then shipping charges :biggrin:

NORCAL SS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Pittdawg said:
You ever come down to Los Angeles? I'd rather pay you for installation then shipping charges :biggrin:

I dont but install is very easy on these bars.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online