DIY Aux Input

addohm

Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
I plan to add a 3.5mm aux input to my truck here very soon. I plan to splice in to the existing aux input jacks located just behind the overhead panasonic DVD player. My question is are there any publicly available wiring diagrams for my '08 Trailblazer w/ Bose Stereo and DVD player? I need to know which wires behind the head unit I can splice in to.

This is just an alternative until after market head units start getting up to speed with technology (i.e. touch screen\app technology). There is a company planning on releasing their 2013 model car with a "Tablet like interface and speed" stereo. For now I just need something other than the god forsaken radio, and I loath having CD's in the car.

pejeeper

Jan 27, 2012
I cant for the life of me find it right now, but there was a user on this site who spliced one in using the satellite radio wiring....complete with pics and instructions. Pretty cheaply too.

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
pejeeper said:
I cant for the life of me find it right now, but there was a user on this site who spliced one in using the satellite radio wiring....complete with pics and instructions. Pretty cheaply too.

Articles section:

http://gmtnation.com/f93/$3-00-aux-input-via-xm-interface-1722/

And for the OP:
http://gmtnation.com/f23/need-service-manuals-get-them-here-371/index2.html

If what you're looking for isn't in there alldatadiy.com (small and TOTALLY worth it subscription required) has every wiring diagram you could ever need for your truck (and whole lot more)..

addohm

Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
pejeeper said:

I read that one already, but there was mention made of engine noise creating feedback in the audio. I couldn't handle that :tongue:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.