Disappearing threads

Wooluf1952

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
On the other site, new or updated threads are in bold type and the read threads are still there until I log out.

That worked great for me, as I some times go back to reread a post.

Is that something we can do here? Is there a setting that I missed to allow that?

As it is now, using the "New Posts" button, makes previously read posts disappear from the list.

Thanks, guys.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
That is on the list.:cool:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Ghoster said:
That is on the list.:cool:

:thumbsup: cool, that will certainly be a better set up!

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:
On the other site, new or updated threads are in bold type and the read threads are still there until I log out.

That worked great for me, as I some times go back to reread a post.

Is that something we can do here? Is there a setting that I missed to allow that?

As it is now, using the "New Posts" button, makes previously read posts disappear from the list.

Thanks, guys.

That is bugging me also!! Would be nice to get it to work like TV :yes:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
By popular demand, I have changed this setting to match the OS. You should log out and back in to reset your cookies.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Jman423 said:
By popular demand, I have changed this setting to match the OS. You should log out and back in to reset your cookies.

your the man!! Thank you sir :hail:

Wooluf1952

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Thanks. Working now.:wootwoot:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
It has been a couple of days with the new format, and it is frustrating to say the least. The threads are not changing from bold after I have opened them and it doesn't seem like anything updates until I sign out and back in. In hind site I miss the way it was. :crazy:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
It sounds like you need to sign out, clear your cookies and cache, and sign back in. It is working the way it does on TV. Because of the ongoing changes I am making, some things can get messed up similar to what you are describing, especially when it comes to cookies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online