Disable the Door Chime

JMalia

Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
Long story short my door chime is god awful loud and I want to know how to disable it. I have it set to Normal in settings. It all started when I installed my OEM Nav into my car and it went from normal to ridiculous. Been to the dealer and got the run around. It is the right Nav and everything. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I'll buy you a beer.

ElAviator72

Jan 11, 2012
The time-honored way to do this in most GM vehicles made after 2002 or so is to install an aftermarket radio and not install a GM-specific adapter kit for auxilliary audio. Be warned, though, in most GM vehicles, this disables ALL audible alarms that come from the PCM and DIC. :wink: I don't have enough knowledge of the GMT360/370 to know for sure which audibles are killed by doing this.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Don't know if the NAV unit has the same control over chime volume as the stock radio (but it's mentioned in the Owner's Manual IIRC) but it uses the left front speaker, so there's no way to suppress the chimes on the stock head unit totally. Since there's no other chime speaker, ALL audible alarms will be coming through that speaker.

Glad you made it over here from the ghost town that trailvoy became when they drove us all away.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
ElAviator72 said:
The time-honored way to do this in most GM vehicles made after 2002 or so is to install an aftermarket radio and not install a GM-specific adapter kit for auxilliary audio. Be warned, though, in most GM vehicles, this disables ALL audible alarms that come from the PCM and DIC. :wink: I don't have enough knowledge of the GMT360/370 to know for sure which audibles are killed by doing this.

I agree installing an aftermarket radio would kill every chime and alert you'd have. Even though they're annoying, they are helpful. The aftermarket adapters can be lowered by cutting a wire. Not sure about OEM though

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online