Did I just kill my BCM?

Mike534x

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Just as the title says.

I replaced the battery on my truck, however, I bought one of those memory saver adapters that plug into the cigarette lighter. In my hast to get to the store before they closed, I plugged it into the 12V outlet thinking it was the standard one (yeah......). I hooked everything back up and.....everything seems to be nonfunctional. Battery light, ABS, Parking Brake warning lights are on and solid. Gas, Volt, Temp, and Oil are all reading 0. Trip, Odo, etc are reading nothing and the windows aren't opening.

So what costly mistake and damage did I just do? :Banghead:

Mike534x

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
I'll check it out, do you know what the fuse name or # it may be? and how would I go about testing it?

Last edited:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Have a multimeter? Test for B+ voltage on both sides of it with negative lead on negative battery post.

Should be a 125A "megafuse." As far as I remember it's 125A at least, it'll be printed directly on it.

-everything inside dead? Radio windows and all? That's the usual signs of the blown fuse. It supplies power to the inside fuse block so everything powered by it will be dead. Should still start and run though.

Mike534x

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Yeah the radio was functional as was the climate controls, windows wouldn't roll down and the only thing that seemed to function was the RPM guage.

I was able to stop by O'Reilly's and get one of the 125 fuses and everything seems to be functioning again! I was close to having a panic attack haha. I wasn't even aware we had the fuse under the hood, I figured it was mounted somewhere on the body or in the interior.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online