Detroit Axle Struts & Shocks any good?

snoozer

Original poster
May 15, 2017
Home
My 2003 is starting ride a bit rougher then I like & I was thinking of having the shocks & struts replaced.
Came across these on ebay & was wondering if anyone has any knowledge about these.
Like how does the vehicle ride with them, do they last?
I just do city driving some highway and very little driving at all now a days, so trying to keep the cost down.
Tire shop quoted me about $700 for all 4 installed & the dealer I go to said around $900 I thought whoa that would take my whole months check to pay that.
Anyways if anyone knows about these or could suggest a low cost alternative, I would really appreciate it

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338077216&icep_item=152817879842

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
If you're looking at something decently priced I would check out KYB. I ran a set on my previous trailblazer and it was pretty smooth over bumps. It had a little bit of that "floaty" feeling the old ones had but it was a bit stiffer. I'm running Monroe OE Spectrums on my current Envoy and they aren't bad but I prefer the ride the KYB's had. The Monroes aren't too bad, but theyI wish they did better over bumps.

I think I spent under $400 with the KYB pre-assembled struts and the KYB Gas-a-just in the rears.

snoozer

Original poster
May 15, 2017
Home
If you're looking at something decently priced I would check out KYB. I ran a set on my previous trailblazer and it was pretty smooth over bumps. It had a little bit of that "floaty" feeling the old ones had but it was a bit stiffer. I'm running Monroe OE Spectrums on my current Envoy and they aren't bad but I prefer the ride the KYB's had. The Monroes aren't too bad, but theyI wish they did better over bumps.

I think I spent under $400 with the KYB pre-assembled struts and the KYB Gas-a-just in the rears.
I ran KYB's on my 89 Suburban for years & had great luck with them.
Most definitely wanting something that smooths out the bumps in the roads, are streets around here are not the greatest.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
I got 60,000km/4 years out of my made in USA Monroe senstracs. Wont be going back with them. Never heard of the Detroit Axle branded shocks. I have run across trailer brakes from them but that's it.

snoozer

Original poster
May 15, 2017
Home
I got 60,000km/4 years out of my made in USA Monroe senstracs. Wont be going back with them. Never heard of the Detroit Axle branded shocks. I have run across trailer brakes from them but that's it.
Thanks for the warning on the Monroes.
think I am just going to go with either the Bilsteins or depending how much they cost might go with what I have super luck with in the past & that is KYB I had them on my 89 Suburban well over 10 years & who knows how many miles, we traveled all over the United States pulling a 30 foot camper for a couple of years.
Just now a days with health I don't drive much & was trying to save some money.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online