Detroit Axle discount and/or affiliate link

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Moved from the "What are you doing today?" thread.

I went to Detroit Axle today to pick up brake pads, rotors, and hubs. They had a deal for all of them at $159. BTW, the rotors and hubs carry a 10-year warranty. I couldn't resist!

I talked to who I assume to be the owner/manager. I mentioned GMTNATION and suggested that he or an employee create a profile here and post discounts and questions about Detroit Axle parts.

He said he would be happy to create an account and asked me to email him the website address. Hopefully, we hear from someone there soon.

We don't charge or control vendors other than the usual rules. We have a few already. They're basically just regular accounts.

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I would love to see them on here, about to order 1000 worth of parts from them

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Would be cool if there was some way for the site to get a little kick back when someone buys after following a link from here, like with Amazon and eBay. Or even better, a discount code.

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
It would be cool if there was some way for the site to get a little kickback when someone buys after following a link from here, like with Amazon and eBay. Or even better, a discount code.
Mooseman, that's an amazing idea!
Could one of the admins create an Amazon account, much like Eric O (south main Auto) has? gmtnation could then have all the parts listed that are suggested from members and then the gmtnation website would receive a kickback from those linked purchases from other members. We could possibly do the same thing with @RockAuto , if they give discounts/kickbacks as Amazon does.

Edit: Honestly even if an Amazon account was created to list the suggested parts that would be amazing. I've learned my lesson many times with just blindly buying Amazon's "suggested" parts that fit my 97x.

If you just type South Main Auto into an the Amazon search field and hit enter. That lists off all of Eric O's tools that he uses. If we could just type in gmtnation 4.2 or 5.3 and get all of the parts listed out, that would save so much pain and anguish!

Last edited:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
We have an affiliate thing with Amazon and eBay. whenever anyone posts a link to a product to either of those sites, the site gets a kickback if anyone buys anything through those links. Links added here are automatically appended with a tag that will automatically credit this site for the sale.

Maybe @Jman423 can chime in or make contact with Detroit Axle.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I just tried it and the tag isn't being added. I'll let Jimmy know.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Apparently it is working so buy away. Thanks for the support!

Reactions: Beacon

Beacon

Mar 22, 2019
SouthWestern PA
Just one more question. Do I need to use a new link every time? Or can I follow an old one, as long as I make the purchase from the window that the link opened?

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think using the same link would work since multiple people would follow it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.