DeeZee Vizor Caddy

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
No, but I'm interested in seeing reviews on those.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice find!

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Brilliant! I've been looking for something like this. I can't even use my visors I have that much crap tucked above them, out of sight out of mind. Their listed for Trailblazers, no listing for Envoy. My Envoy has the ebony interior so I'd have to go with the grey but any idea if the visors and liner are the same in both vehicles?? Birthdays coming up and might start throwing hints :undecided:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I ordered mine just now but through capworld.com and now I see the part numbers are different. I will drop them an email to clarify, but it was only 36 bucks shipped.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The place i ordered from said they no longer carry them, so off to try again.

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
HARDTRAILZ said:
The place i ordered from said they no longer carry them, so off to try again.
Try 4wheelparts.com, I actually just received mine finally but on the box it says for 2002-2004 Trailblazer. The part number for it is DZ91-4014-01 for the pewter. I don't think they changed the way the visors are installed did they? Can someone take a pic of the visor mounts for those years?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Can you share a pic of them in?

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
HARDTRAILZ said:
Can you share a pic of them in?
As soon as I get them mounted I will post a pic. You know me better then that Kyle!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
djthumper said:
As soon as I get them mounted I will post a pic. You know me better then that Kyle!

Do they seem solid?

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
HARDTRAILZ said:
Do they seem solid?
They appear to be fairly solid, though it is only the screws for the visor mounts and the mounts that hold it up there. I hope to get them done Friday.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Interesting indeed... Pics from someone would be great!

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
I imagine it won't take long till someone has these all jammed full of wiring and switches. Would be a nice place to install a remote radar detector too.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
As much as I hate 4WP, they had a sale going and I ordered them for local pickup. Under $30 bucks. Hopefully they get there soon. Be nice to toss cd's and sunglasses n such up there.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
NewfieEnvoy said:
Brilliant! I've been looking for something like this. I can't even use my visors I have that much crap tucked above them, out of sight out of mind. Their listed for Trailblazers, no listing for Envoy. My Envoy has the ebony interior so I'd have to go with the grey but any idea if the visors and liner are the same in both vehicles?? Birthdays coming up and might start throwing hints :undecided:

On my 02 Envoy and on the 02 Bravada the visors are on some kind of weird ball bearing set-up that you have to stick a paper clip in to remove them. On the 05 Trailblazer they are mounted with the traditional 3 screws. I am going to be interested to see what manner of mounting these actually facilitate.

I will also be interested to see the clearance of these. I am fairly tall and sit up pretty close to the ceiling as it is, not sure if these would obscure my view.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
We will see. I had to enter all my truck info when I ordered mine, so it better damn well fit. Esp with my history of idiocy at 4WP. They seem to like to lie to me, but I really hope that is not the case this time.

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
HARDTRAILZ said:
As much as I hate 4WP, they had a sale going and I ordered them for local pickup. Under $30 bucks. Hopefully they get there soon. Be nice to toss cd's and sunglasses n such up there.
That is what I did. Mine were like $26 +tax.

The reason I was hoping to see a pic of an 02-04 TB is the triangle is backwards to the one on the outside edge of ours. The inside mounting point is rectangular while ours is round.

Marty395

Feb 23, 2012
I would like to see some pics as well. The pic on the website looks like a yukon/tahoe interior... If they fit securely, for that price I'll probably order some too!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
groundshock said:
Impatiently awaiting pics.

Is it for both sides or just one?

They come in pairs.

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
OK, it would be nice if someone with a 2002 - 2004 could have confirmed if there was any difference between our visors. I just spent 30 minutes trying to figure out if I could modify them. But it would take away some of the support that is moulded into it.

I tried to call DeeZee for more info but had to leave a voice mail. I tried email and the rep was stupid and told me I ordered the wrong part number but hasn't emailed me back a corrected part number. I would hate to take them back and then have to go through the entire process again if I don't have to due to a part number error on their site.

djthumper

Original poster
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
TollKeeper said:
Interesting indeed... Pics from someone would be great!

Marty395 said:
I would like to see some pics as well. The pic on the website looks like a yukon/tahoe interior... If they fit securely, for that price I'll probably order some too!

groundshock said:
Impatiently awaiting pics.

Is it for both sides or just one?
Take some pics of your visor mounts for me so I can if there is any major differences. That is part of the reason I started tis thread to determine since the box said for 2002-2004 and their site says the same part number is for a 2005 - 2007

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
can someone confirm that the 02-04's use the ball joint type mount that requires the paperclip to remove and the 05-^ models use a triangle screw set?

What is the mount system on the visors?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
djthumper said:
Try 4wheelparts.com, I actually just received mine finally but on the box it says for 2002-2004 Trailblazer. The part number for it is DZ91-4014-01 for the pewter. I don't think they changed the way the visors are installed did they? Can someone take a pic of the visor mounts for those years?

Vizor Caddy - Part # DEEDZ91-4008-01
Is the part number that 4wp gave me with my order, but I have not heard anything about it being in yet.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
4wheelparts blows. Took 3 emails to even get them to tell me they were waiting on DeeZee. Still no estimated time of arrival. Filed a pre-emptive dispute with Paypal in case before they string it out too long and I cant get my money back.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
These vizor caddies are like the Chupacabra, can anyone prove they exist yet?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Deedee now says out of production... per email.Wonder how 4wp got them to say they would ship them my order.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online