December 10th Lake Stevens Meet

wootown22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Thought I would start a thread for the meet. We can post pictures here from the meet, and have follow up discussions here.

Meet: Lake Stevens, WA
Saturday the 10th of December @ 10:00am
Target parking Lot, and from the aerial view of the map I’d say the South East corner, furthest from the store; the corner of parking lot away from the entrance

Look forward to seeing you there! No need to check in, you can show up!

wootown22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Well the meet was a success! It was great meeting everyone; I can say I took away a lot about what I plan to do in the future to the TB :smile:

Thanks to all that came and I hope that next time we can get the few that couldn't make it!

some pichas:

P1080017.jpg

P1080016.jpg

P1080015.jpg

P1080014.jpg

P1080013.jpg

P1080012.jpg

P1080019.jpg

wootown22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
some more:

stage 3, 2 and one.... hahaha
P1080031.jpg

P1080030.jpg

hood height differences
P1080028.jpg

I need more.... haha
P1080027.jpg

P1080026.jpg

P1080023.jpg

P1080022.jpg

wootown22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
yes it was a good one! it was my first meet so I don't know how big these usually are.

We had:

fishsticks
jbones
answer69
shinyfeet
wootown22

it is quite fun caravaning around... it was smallest to largest so I thought it was kinda funny :rotfl:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Was this organized on TrailVoy and spilled over to GMTNation, or was it organized here as a GMTNation meet?

We're just curious, there is no right or wrong answer :thumbsup:

wootown22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
haha it was planned about a month ago, so yea it originated on trailvoy and spilled over here :thumbsup:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
And everyone of those members that attended are now over here. :thumbsup:

Looks like it was a good time. It is funny seeing Fishsticks truck dwarfing yours wootown, I remember mine being stock on my trip up there and being dwarfed by him. And that was before he got to where he is now.

D-V_Envoy

Dec 6, 2011
Glad you had a good turn out.

Tarnished

Dec 3, 2011
That's awesome! :smile:

Most of the TB's and Voy's where I'm at, aren't too keen about getting together.. haven't met anyone from either forum yet.. and the very few that do check me out, are kid's who seem to hate on mine while questioning about my mods.
Everyone else I see are usually grandma's, grandpa's, or soccer moms.
Invited a few people to TV first.. and now to GMTN.. but so far.. no shows online.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I see fishsticks couldn't resist the urge...

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
yeah the meet was awesome and Victoria and I enjoyed getting back together with Jbones and Shinyfeet and also meeting Wootown22 and Fishsticks. We are definitely thinking about being able to make the meet around new years. she gets paid just before that so we will see.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
djthumper said:
I see fishsticks couldn't resist the urge...

I had to mall crawl. :biggrin: I was thinking about trying to climb up one of the cement bases for the lamp posts.

Nice to meet you all!

For those who were discussing tires, the website I got mine at is: www.treadwright.com

wootown22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
haha I know! All I could think of was damn.... I gotta do something.... bigger tires? higher? armor? lights? hahaha I have the mod bug again! as fishsticks knows haha but where I drive around here Im the biggest/most unique trailblazer so its ok :tongue:

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
wootown22 said:
haha I know! All I could think of was damn.... I gotta do something.... bigger tires? higher? armor? lights? hahaha I have the mod bug again! as fishsticks knows haha but where I drive around here Im the biggest/most unique trailblazer so its ok :tongue:

You and everyone else have open invitations for Fishy's GMT360 Mod Shop in Vancouver whenever you need.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Awesome turn out guys (and gals)! Cant wait for New Years, does friday or saturday the 30/31st work? Ill start a thread on it now.

Wonder if I cant get a few SS guys to show up for New Years, have to start planning it now! Ill try to have my brother roll with the 02 as well so I can get some feedback on its setup.

Donny, Im going to take you up on that offer and do a gear swap on my SS to some 3.42s, but its not going to be for a while. Gotta get a 6L80E trans first, then I can justify going with 3.42s.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
djthumper said:
And everyone of those members that attended are now over here. :thumbsup:

But did you talk about GMTNation like we are family???:biggrin:

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
Awesome turn out guys (and gals)! Cant wait for New Years, does friday or saturday the 30/31st work? Ill start a thread on it now.

Wonder if I cant get a few SS guys to show up for New Years, have to start planning it now! Ill try to have my brother roll with the 02 as well so I can get some feedback on its setup.

Donny, Im going to take you up on that offer and do a gear swap on my SS to some 3.42s, but its not going to be for a while. Gotta get a 6L80E trans first, then I can justify going with 3.42s.

Why do you want 3.42s on your SS? Need a meatier pinion or something?

I haven't pulled the front diff on a V8 truck... that may be interesting.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Ghoster said:
But did you talk about GMTNation like we are family???:biggrin:

LOL you weren't here to keep me straight with that... :raspberry:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Well, since this was the first official meet of GMTNation, even though it was planned on TrailVoy, we would like to offer the 5 attendees their choice of GMTNation decals.

Thank you for your support, and we look forward to many more meets being organized and executed over the next few months... leading up to the biggest and best: CARLISLE!

If you were an attendee, please let us know what type of decal you want, and we'll get them out to you soon!

Thank you :smile:

wootown22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
yeeeeeee!! :eek::biggrin::wootwoot:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
wootown22 said:
yeeeeeee!! :eek::biggrin::wootwoot:

You go girl. Nice job organizing it. You were severely handicapped with the 2 from Ft Lewis and fishsticks. :wink: Hehe

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
fishsticks said:
Why do you want 3.42s on your SS? Need a meatier pinion or something?

I haven't pulled the front diff on a V8 truck... that may be interesting.

Nope, sick of getting 15mpg on the highway lol. 3.42s are good for 2mpg minimum, need to get my tune dialed in as well and that should be good for +1 as well.

Need to challenge ya man! :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice turnout and Nice pics!

jbones

Dec 5, 2011

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Nice pics!

Hopefully we get a turnout like this when i head over for New Years weekend!

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
FlyingFischer said:
Nice pics!

Hopefully we get a turnout like this when i head over for New Years weekend!

I am committed to a New Year's "hangover run" with one of the off road groups I belong to as of right now.

If that changes I will be up.

wootown22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
depending on the day it I may either be home, in Olympia, or Chelan haha so once a date is set I will be able to figure out if I can make it :smile:

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
I say we set the date for the 30th. Cuz i'm sure the 31th and the 1st will be harder for people to make plans for and i head back the 2nd.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
jbones said:
I looked at the A/P in 245/65/17 at https://www.treadwright.com/ and with the tread depth it was the same OD as say the Michelin LTX MS2 in 255/65/17. And a nice looking tire.

I thought you were going up? :poke:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
wootown22 said:
depending on the day it I may either be home, in Olympia, or Chelan haha so once a date is set I will be able to figure out if I can make it :smile:

FlyingFischer said:
I say we set the date for the 30th. Cuz i'm sure the 31th and the 1st will be harder for people to make plans for and i head back the 2nd.

Ok then what date works best for everyone? I like the idea of the 30th, but for everyone who works M-F they wont be able to come. The 31st at like 9-10am would be ok, meet at a Starbucks/McDonalds and have breakfast then everyone can be on their way.

Donny, completely understand man. Its a drive from where you are too! Im headed to Portland on either the 7th or 8th of January, we should try to set something up for then. Even if its just meeting for an hour or something.

jbones said:
I looked at the A/P in 245/65/17 at https://www.treadwright.com/ and with the tread depth it was the same OD as say the Michelin LTX MS2 in 255/65/17. And a nice looking tire.

If you're getting a lift, go with bigger tires!! Seriously, the 29." 245/70R16 Dueler Revos I had on the 02 looks super tiny, didnt help they had 35k and were practically bald either. The 30.1" 255/65R17 Dueler Revo 2s on my 17" LTZ rims looks tiny as well. The 30.4-30.6" 265/70R16 Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61s that are on it now really fill out the wheelwells a lot better, would have gone bigger but I didnt want to spend the $$ on spacers and these fit with ~1/4" of UBJ clearance.

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
Ok then what date works best for everyone? I like the idea of the 30th, but for everyone who works M-F they wont be able to come. The 31st at like 9-10am would be ok, meet at a Starbucks/McDonalds and have breakfast then everyone can be on their way.

Donny, completely understand man. Its a drive from where you are too! Im headed to Portland on either the 7th or 8th of January, we should try to set something up for then. Even if its just meeting for an hour or something.

If you're getting a lift, go with bigger tires!! Seriously, the 29." 245/70R16 Dueler Revos I had on the 02 looks super tiny, didnt help they had 35k and were practically bald either. The 30.1" 255/65R17 Dueler Revo 2s on my 17" LTZ rims looks tiny as well. The 30.4-30.6" 265/70R16 Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61s that are on it now really fill out the wheelwells a lot better, would have gone bigger but I didnt want to spend the $$ on spacers and these fit with ~1/4" of UBJ clearance.

I hear yah, and would I love to, but unfortunately not setting up for serious off road. I’m just trying to fix what GM failed at. The slight lift I’ll eventually be installing is not grand, and I’m sure it drives some off roader’s nuts, but the only ride I have right now.

I liked the looks of the treadwright A/P 245/65/17 but have no plans of installing an OEM size. I also won’t be installing spacers, not in the budget either. I have been under the assumption from the will it chart on TV that 255/65/17 was my max with no spaces, grinding, or other mods. And I’m not looking a tire that’s too aggressive in thread, maintaining some mileage is also a factor. I swear all the tire’s in a 70 I’ve looked at took it beyond the 30.5 Dia.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
jbones said:
I hear yah, and would I love to, but unfortunately not setting up for serious off road. I’m just trying to fix what GM failed at. The slight lift I’ll eventually be installing is not grand, and I’m sure it drives some off roader’s nuts, but the only ride I have right now.

I liked the looks of the treadwright A/P 245/65/17 but have no plans of installing an OEM size. I also won’t be installing spacers, not in the budget either. I have been under the assumption from the will it chart on TV that 255/65/17 was my max with no spaces, grinding, or other mods. And I’m not looking a tire that’s too aggressive in thread, maintaining some mileage is also a factor. I swear all the tire’s in a 70 I’ve looked at took it beyond the 30.5 Dia.

Maybe this will help you.
View attachment 17069

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-12 at 9.37.14 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-12-12 at 9.37.14 AM.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 7

Shinyfeet

Dec 6, 2011
jman423 said:
well, since this was the first official meet of gmtnation, even though it was planned on trailvoy, we would like to offer the 5 attendees their choice of gmtnation decals.

Thank you for your support, and we look forward to many more meets being organized and executed over the next few months... Leading up to the biggest and best: Carlisle!

If you were an attendee, please let us know what type of decal you want, and we'll get them out to you soon!

Thank you :smile:

awesome!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online