Dealerships the only ones to have Tech II's?

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
..or do I need to go to a stealership and have them do a CASE Relearn? Have had a P0340 for a minute, started to occur a month or so after the swap. I was going to replace the CPS, but realized that i'd need to do a relearn anyway even if I did that. Just don't trust any shops or dealerships with the even the simplest of things. Don't want them messing with anything else PCM related, just the Relearn.

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I've heard of the Snap-on one, never heard of those others. I guess I'll try a Chevy Dealer. The town north of me is chock-full of dealerships.

Did some research and apparently you can do a CASE Relearn with HPtuners. They have a procedure on how to perform it. Only thing is there are no verifications if your run through of the procedures worked, so its trial and error (until your P0340 code dissapears for good). I plan on getting their latest version anyway, but I've put this off long enough.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Like what others said. Any shop with a high end scanner can do it.

Friends don't let friends go to dealership$!

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
There's nothing, but ghetto filled shops around here... The kind of shops where if you asked if they had a Tech 2, might look at you funny.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online