dead mouse in the AC

chatham

Original poster
Feb 19, 2014
it is obvious that something has died in the AC system. anyone experience this and have any good advise on finding and removing system?

thanks.... uggggggggggg!!!!!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Pull the blower motor behind the passenger side kick panel.

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
I'd be interested to find out how they get in. I had a chocolate bar in the door pocket that was mostly eaten by a mouse. Further investigation found shredded paper towel made into a nest under the rear seat. Might be a body vent some place I've never seen.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That's a wonderful job to reach up in there and grab a decomposing body.

My Camaro's HVAC has a nest and corpse(s) in it somewhere. Along with seeds and all kinds of nasty things scattered throughout. They made a mess of the interior of that car in about a month time that it was sitting in my garage last fall. I cleaned up some, but haven't dug through everything yet. I need a full body suit PPE to deal with this...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Bounce dryer sheets is supposed to keep them away. And your ride smells fresh when you take it out.

Reactions: Reprise

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I've heard that. My whole car smells laundry fresh as I packed it full of those things, both inside and under the hood to drive them away and keep them out from doing further damage until I can get it cleaned and fixed up fully.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
I never heard of the dryer sheets to repel rodents. Just mothballs. The dryer sheets defiantly smell better.

That mouse was going "Peek A Boo".

chatham

Original poster
Feb 19, 2014
That's a wonderful job to reach up in there and grab a decomposing body.

yeah his head was almost cut off. latex gloves and a mask but the stench almost kicked in the vomit reflex. thoroughly cleaned the whole thing even the blood dripping into the blower squirrel cage.

wo I found out that the 2002 envoy's have the ability for a cabin filter. going to put one it.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I never heard of the dryer sheets to repel rodents. Just mothballs. The dryer sheets defiantly smell better.

I tried mothballs one fall / winter in the S2000 - and both me and the wife swore that off afterward - we were smelling camphor the entire driving season, even with the top down. Gaaaah....

Peppermint oil is supposed to keep them away. Put some on a cottonball. Not a ton - just a drop or two on each ball, as it's pretty strong as well.
If you're driving the vehicle, maybe 1 drop...LOL. And maybe you'll save on air freshener, too!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online