Daytime running lights don’t work

Adamant41

Original poster
Jan 6, 2020
Philadelphia
Hey guys new to the group I just bought 03 trailblazer ltz I started to change my lights over to led but as I was doing my front turn signals/daytime running lights I noticed that my running lights were not working but the taillights were I checked every fuse and there all working fine I also went and tested the sockets that the lights sit in and they had power I also went to regular blubs that I just bought to see if the lights I got were bad but they also didn’t power on I’m curious as what else I could do to get the front running lights to work anything will help thank you

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Wondering if you have one of the rare 2003 models that still used SRCK sockets up front. Since you verified power at the contacts in the socket, can you tell us which of these pics match up to what you found?

3157SRCK_zps167537e6.jpg3157Conventional_zps10dce35e.jpg

Edit: Also for reference, your daytime running lights are through the low beam bulbs at a 70% duty cycle compared to normal low beam operation.

Reactions: Matt

Adamant41

Original poster
Jan 6, 2020
Philadelphia
I actually bought these in the pic to actually keep them from hyper flashing I’m not to sure if the blubs worked before I installed them or not but do you think that this could have ruined that?

Attachments

• F1AD1237-37E7-406C-9339-32F8E560E6E9.png
    F1AD1237-37E7-406C-9339-32F8E560E6E9.png
    737.9 KB · Views: 10

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Those are just load resistors. You said you tested the sockets on the truck and power was there, so that means the truck is fine. Just need you to confirm which contacts showed power, the ones on the same sides of the socket, or the 2 at the end. Or is it just one circuit that shows power when activated? Just need more info about what your truck is doing.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I put the test light on both sides on the socket and they both lit up

I never had this issue before it just confuses me

So are you saying there was power at the pins that were side by side, or on pins that were across from each other? That answer will tell us which socket type you have, so be as specific as you can.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You should only have power at 2 pins, and the other 2 are ground. If you have 12V at all 4 pins, one or both circuits are shorted somewhere. Also, only 1 pin should be powered if you are testing either the parking lights, or turn signal 1 at a time, not both at the same time.

Adamant41

Original poster
Jan 6, 2020
Philadelphia
My daytime running lights don’t work in the front I tested the lights they work I also tested the harness and the harness is not getting power to have the daytime running lights work what can I do to make the daytime lights work without my headlights I jumped the drl into headlights just so they work but I want them to stay on while headlights are out any suggestions?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online