Dang it, I dented my TB Hood

jbones

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I was putting the WOK back up on the shelf and the damn thing came out of the box. Result is small ding and some surface scratching. Sucks!:hissyfit:

View attachment 19341

Attachments

• DSCN0117.jpg
    DSCN0117.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 10

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I had a similar "sharp" dent in my hood and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they did a great job of "popping" it out with paintless dent repair. I can't see your dent in detail, but there might be hope.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Time to drop a Hilift on the hood. Then you won't mind the wok ding so much. :yes:

jbones

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:
Time to drop a Hilift on the hood. ..

I bet that left a mark!

Really my third ding. 1st I dropped some hunting gear on the RF fender, then I was casting line I just replaced and the reel locked up sending the casting weight snapping by at me and hitting RR fender, all three dings about the same size.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Jman423 said:
I had a similar "sharp" dent in my hood and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they did a great job of "popping" it out with paintless dent repair. I can't see your dent in detail, but there might be hope.

Watching the process is awesome. Took the TB in a little year ago to a local shop after someone left a nice gift on my door at the store and the process and technique is very cool. Now you can't tell it's there.

jbones

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Jman423 I had a similar "sharp" dent in my hood and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they did a great job of "popping" it out with paintless dent repair. I can't see your dent in detail, but there might be hope.

07 TB RIDER said:
Watching the process is awesome. Took the TB in a little year ago to a local shop after someone left a nice gift on my door at the store and the process and technique is very cool. Now you can't tell it's there.

I''ll look into it. Since I have three now.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
When we bought my Wife's Rainier it was perfect (really low miles, one owner) except one massively huge door ding on the drivers door. I'm betting it happened on the dealer lot. I took it in and because there was no paint damage, I can't locate where the PDR was even done. The only down side seems to be that according to the shop the ding can't be too close to an edge or something like that. For instance they showed me a ding right by the edge of the door handle on a car and they coldn't repair it without drilling holes to get to it. I've now got a couple light ones on the 9-7x already because it has no door strips and I have to park at the airport a lot and can't defensively park it. I may take it in this summer to get them taken care of.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher