Damn parking shade

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
We been having alot of wind lately and the parking shade came down a few inches. Me driving back to work and didnt notice so rammed right into the shade post which caused this

a54dea80.jpg

Here's what I hit into
0cf9f874.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Damn that looks like it hurt

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Yup you're right it needs some body work so unfortunately it can't wait because the windshield won't sit in without getting that fixed first!

I just dropped her off at the body shop just a bit go and rented a car. Needs two days eh!

Total damage with paint gonna cost just around $400.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
fadyasha said:
Total damage with paint gonna cost just around $400.

Holy crap thats cheap. I had a far worse door dent and they wanted 600 to fix it. No creases or anything like what you got.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Yup you're right it does vary! The windshield isn't OEM either. Told them to hold off a bit to see if can find one. Most is Asian made ! Beats me!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
damn first you have cheap gas, and now cheap repairs :undecided:, i think i need to look into moving :crackup:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Lol Juan it seems you are buddy! Haha

Nope owner isn't providing shit, it's all on me. Guys I just remembered I got the interdependent wipers. You know when it rains the wipers automatically start. Is this related to the windshield itself or some other mechanism??

Totally slipped my mind, and if it depends on the windshield I'm gonna need the guy to hold back on replacing it until I get the proper part!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Crap so all of it is special! That being said the cost is gonna go up!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
fadyasha said:
Crap so all of it is special! That being said the cost is gonna go up!

I had my windshield replaced two weeks ago, they must have missed some of the "special Parts" cuz my Rainsense only works on the lowest setting now and I bet even the fog would turn em on full blast. Now I just leave it turned off:hissyfit:

Best of luck on the repair!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
I'm looking at it from a selling value. I'm moving next year hopefully and will need to sell. The bastards here look at everything

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Might be cheaper to remove all the rainsense stuff and put standard switches or whatnot in its place. No sign of rainsense left so no one would know it was supposed to come with it :tongue:

From what I've seen Rainsense is more of a hassle than it is worth anyway. I'm not so lazy that I can't be bothered to turn a switch :rotfl:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Just picked her up from the bodyshop and now at the other shop to install the windshield. It wasn't fun driving at 44 degrees celsius out with no windshield !

e7c07970.jpg

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
fadyasha said:
Just picked her up from the bodyshop and now at the other shop to install the windshield. It wasn't fun driving at 44 degrees celsius out with no windshield !

e7c07970.jpg

You could have filled washer reservoir with plain water and give it a few shots every now and then to cool off! :rotfl:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Should have turned on your wipers while driving down the road to screw with people.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
CdnGMan said:
I'm surprised that they allow you to drive without the windshield... :confused:

We never get/got hassled by anyone driving with the Jeep windshields down, but it does suck on the highway...

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
HARDTRAILZ said:
We never get/got hassled by anyone driving with the Jeep windshields down, but it does suck on the highway...

And I'd understand that since the jeeps are designed in such a way to allow for that, but I really thought that with our trucks that the windshield played more of a role in regards to the structural rigidity... I guess not... :confused:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
CdnGMan said:
And I'd understand that since the jeeps are designed in such a way to allow for that, but I really thought that with our trucks that the windshield played more of a role in regards to the structural rigidity... I guess not... :confused:

If structural rigidity was dependent on a piece of glass and not the frame, I'd be really worried :wink:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Loool spray water never thought of that! Haha! Nope not a bird that pooped there, it was some left over crap from when my car was At the body shop lol

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
Good god man! Did you have to wear goggles while driving? A la Dumb & Dumber style?

:poke:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online