Daily drivers?

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Just starting to look for a new daily driver and have my trailblazer as a fun vehicle and hoping to start modding it as well. What's everyone's daily driver and what's your opinion on them? Just trying to get an idea

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Azteks are cheap and get good fuel mileage. been driving ours for 60k miles and has been virtually problem free. rendezvous is the same vehicle. the awd models are prone to problems with the awd system. I bought ours with 50k miles, in 07, for 5g, fully loaded GT model (HUD, leather, sunroof, etc). I've seen them for allot cheaper needing minimal work.

Reactions: tsmith1156

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Out of all of the vehicles I've had the privilege of driving so far... the only other one I would want to DD is a Malibu. Well the model s I drove was awesome but that's a whole different animal there.

Mike w

Jun 24, 2014
I have a 2012 Chrysler 200 as my daily, It has a very cold AC which is good here in FL. But I still like the TB better.

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Azteks are cheap and get good fuel mileage. been driving ours for 60k miles and has been virtually problem free. rendezvous is the same vehicle. the awd models are prone to problems with the awd system. I bought ours with 50k miles, in 07, for 5g, fully loaded GT model (HUD, leather, sunroof, etc). I've seen them for allot cheaper needing minimal work.

Hmm never thought about those, I wonder how hard they are to get parts for, I'm thinking more dodge, Chevy, or Ford

Yea I take the iron horse to work each week and it gets me there just fine.
The Voy is the wife's DD.

Iron horse?

Out of all of the vehicles I've had the privilege of driving so far... the only other one I would want to DD is a Malibu. Well the model s I drove was awesome but that's a whole different animal there.

I've thought about like an old Malibu maxx that way I can still have the room I need for the two little ones

I have a 2012 Chrysler 200 as my daily, It has a very cold AC which is good here in FL. But I still like the TB better.

I've heard a lot of problems with the 200s and I need more room for the family, but they are nice cars

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
My truck is.

Mike w

Jun 24, 2014
If I bought another daily driver I would buy a Malibu.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
My DD is in my sig. That being said, I'm single with no kids so it's perfect for me. I dont think the Cruze's are big enough for 2 car seats, unless you get the new hatchback model for 2017, but let me tell you, that is a fun little car. Spooling my turbo and popping the bypass valve have people like :blinkhuh::eek:. They dont expect a Cruze to sound like that. Gas mileage is beyond awesome. I maybe... maybe fill up twice a month, and get well over 375-400 miles a tank.

I've recently entertained the idea of trading it in due to the simple fact that i'm just bored with the car lately. While it has a lot of spunk and is peppy off the line with a lot of low end torque, it's a damn dog when you get over 40-50mph and takes way too long for my liking to build boost and pass people. From a stop, boost is almost instant and throws you in the seat. Sure i could get a tune and fix all that, but from the factory that little 1.4L is producing 10-13 lbs of boost. Theyre known for cracking pistons so im not touching the factory tune. I looked at Malibu's myself. 2012 and above with that 2.0L Turbo are ANIMALS! Just comes down to price and with how cheap the Cruze's are, it was more financial vs. wants in my decision making to keep the Cruzen.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Parts are easy to come by for the aztek. finding them in junk yards can be a pain thou. the most difficult repair is doing a tune up. the rear three plugs are under the dash. I just let the dealer do it. it's not too bad of a price. they are really safe, 4 star on the aztek, and 5 star on the rendezvous. they are built on the chevy traverse/pontiac Montana chassis, so as long as your not needing body parts , parts are easy to find. my wife, who has no lead in her shoes, gets 20-32 mpg. my driving with a lead foot, 18-25 mpg. we have the awd gt model.

There are known problems with them, but the aztek forum has pretty much addressed them all. mainly the c305 connector. it's a couple hour repair to fix gas guage, hard start, and rear abs problems.

The 01's have no rear spoiler, non painted side cladding, and orange front cornering lights.
The 02 and up have painted cladding, spoiler, and clear front cornering lights.

If shopping for one, the way to tell in-between awd and Fwd is the 5th digit of the VIN. A is Fwd and B is awd.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I know the Malibu max have known problems with the rear hatch and rear frame/suspension. a neighbor had one that the rear struts seperated from the rear strut towers and went thru the rear glass .

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
My DD is in my sig. That being said, I'm single with no kids so it's perfect for me. I dont think the Cruze's are big enough for 2 car seats, unless you get the new hatchback model for 2017, but let me tell you, that is a fun little car. Spooling my turbo and popping the bypass valve have people like :blinkhuh::eek:. They dont expect a Cruze to sound like that. Gas mileage is beyond awesome. I maybe... maybe fill up twice a month, and get well over 375-400 miles a tank.

I've recently entertained the idea of trading it in due to the simple fact that i'm just bored with the car lately. While it has a lot of spunk and is peppy off the line with a lot of low end torque, it's a damn dog when you get over 40-50mph and takes way too long for my liking to build boost and pass people. From a stop, boost is almost instant and throws you in the seat. Sure i could get a tune and fix all that, but from the factory that little 1.4L is producing 10-13 lbs of boost. Theyre known for cracking pistons so im not touching the factory tune. I looked at Malibu's myself. 2012 and above with that 2.0L Turbo are ANIMALS! Just comes down to price and with how cheap the Cruze's are, it was more financial vs. wants in my decision making to keep the Cruzen.

I've looked at cruzes and no they unfortunately are not big enough for two car seats, which is a shame cause they are very affordable. I am 6'2" and have big thighs so I can't get comfortable in the I think it is 07-12 Malibu. But I can in the older ones I believe

I know the Malibu max have known problems with the rear hatch and rear frame/suspension. a neighbor had one that the rear struts seperated from the rear strut towers and went thru the rear glass .

Wow that's crazy, my dad had one a couple cars ago and it was pretty nice. I guess every car has its faults

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
My cousin has a 2014 Malibu ltz, the turbo one. That thing is awesome. Only complaint is the ride is a bit stiff, but not bad.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Had this for 100K or so as the DD

Decided it was nickel and diming me too much and went to this one as a DD and only lost a couple MPG but way increased the fun factor.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Was a hell of a car for awhile. At 265K miles it was time for it to get a new home though.

FearlessAZ

Jun 7, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Been driving my new to me 2010 Ford Taurus Sho a lot lately. Since my transmission went out in July, I decided to get something newer so I would have another vehicle. Just been waiting for weather to cool off so I can go back to my TB for DD.

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Was a hell of a car for awhile. At 265K miles it was time for it to get a new home though.

Damn you got that many miles out of it?!

Been driving my new to me 2010 Ford Taurus Sho a lot lately. Since my transmission went out in July, I decided to get something newer so I would have another vehicle. Just been waiting for weather to cool off so I can go back to my TB for DD.

I would LOVE to have one of those, I've actually recently thought about buying an older Taurus as a beater car

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I regularly expect 250K miles out of my GM vehicles and get it. That one still ran like a top but needed minor shit i did not want to deal with driving it 135 miles a day. I barely consider my truck broke in it at 175K miles.

FearlessAZ

Jun 7, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
It's nice. 4 doors, decent mileage, good power and make a lot of power with a few mods. I like it. They have older Shos that have that Yamaha v8 in them. I heard those are fun.

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
I regularly expect 250K miles out of my GM vehicles and get it. That one still ran like a top but needed minor shit i did not want to deal with driving it 135 miles a day. I barely consider my truck broke in it at 175K miles.

I guess as long as you take care of them there should be no problem with that

It's nice. 4 doors, decent mileage, good power and make a lot of power with a few mods. I like it. They have older Shos that have that Yamaha v8 in them. I heard those are fun.

I'll have to see what I can find

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Hopefully they're not Yamabangs. (Long story old reference lol)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online