Da roof rack

BuffettTruck

Original poster
May 2, 2018
Florida
I am teeter-tottering on whether or not I want to remove the roof rack from my 05 TB EXT. I did it on my Jimmy and I preferred the cleaner overall look without the rack. The thing is, the wife and I are talking about getting three or four kayaks for the ocean and the many waterways around us (either one for each member of the family or two singles and a double). So I am torn between keeping the roof rack to mount the kayaks to or deleting the roof rack and just getting a small utility trailer to haul them with. Opinions? Inputs? Experiences? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Bueller?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
These trucks do look better rackless IMHO. I even had my EXT deracked, which required actual body work to remove the front humps, which are on EXT only. I'm planning on deracking my LS. Probably will just remove them and put some set screws in with sealer or teflon tape. This gives me the option to put them back on if needed.

But, if you plan on using them on a regular basis, maybe leave them on? Or put them on when needed?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I left the rack on mine. Didn't want the car look.

BuffettTruck

Original poster
May 2, 2018
Florida
which required actual body work to remove the front humps, which are on EXT only

That gives me some pause. I am not ready to do any body work right now, so I guess I will leave them be for now.

Thanks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online