Cylinder head intake runner dimensions?

400Magnum

Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Does anyone have any pictures, dimensions, cross-sectional views, etc. of the intake runner? I'm working on a special project and would like to get the intake runner as accurate as possible. Or if you can point me in the right direction to a website or whatever, that would be fine too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
400Magnum said:
Does anyone have any pictures, dimensions, cross-sectional views, etc. of the intake runner? I'm working on a special project and would like to get the intake runner as accurate as possible. Or if you can point me in the right direction to a website or whatever, that would be fine too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I can pull measurements if you like. I have both an intake and an early head laying around. Be aware, the head dimensions are much different from the intake measurements!
There's a couple of people on vortec4200.com that have made custom runners. You might want to look up 3258 or EFI-DIY.
So what's the special project?

400Magnum

Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Thanks! I don't need anything for the intake manifold, I need information/cross-sections/dimensions/drawings/etc. of the intake runner in the cylinder head. Anything at all will help as the only source I have right now are pictures of cylinder heads for sale on ebay.

I'm trying to help a Salt Flat team either improve an existing intake manifold they designed or develop a whole new intake manifold, and part of the development is going to be creating a fluid dynamic simulation of the airflow in the intake manifold and the cylinder head. They provided the information for the intake, but I need to create a model for the cylinder head intake runner and combustion chamber.

Anything you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
400Magnum said:
Thanks! I don't need anything for the intake manifold, I need information/cross-sections/dimensions/drawings/etc. of the intake runner in the cylinder head. Anything at all will help as the only source I have right now are pictures of cylinder heads for sale on ebay.

I'm trying to help a Salt Flat team either improve an existing intake manifold they designed or develop a whole new intake manifold, and part of the development is going to be creating a fluid dynamic simulation of the airflow in the intake manifold and the cylinder head. They provided the information for the intake, but I need to create a model for the cylinder head intake runner and combustion chamber.

Anything you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Cool, I can pull measurements at the port. Is it the Black Opel guys you're dealing with?

400Magnum

Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Thanks!! Measurements from the port will be a big help, and yes, it's the Black Opel team.

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
Sorry been a while getting back to you.

100_0043.jpg

Overall dimensions are 70mm by 34mm. I don't have a good method of measuring the radii...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online