Custom Laser-Cut Stainless Parts?

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Just putting out some feelers for what parts you guys would like to see as far as any stainless steel trims or parts.

I'm still working on the fog light brackets, but the fog light hole grilles were a success and now I'm wondering what else I could make for these trucks.

There's not a whole lot of stuff I can't get done, essentially if I can cut it out of stainless or bend it with a brake I can make it.

So far I've considered a set of 304 stainless door sill plates, maybe a few under hood parts, but I'm really looking to see what you guys would be after. If you can dream it, I can probably make it. I can do polished 430, polished 304, or paintable (sanded) 430.

Any input would be awesome.

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
I would love a set of door sills with the TrailBlazer logo cut out of them so I can put LEDs behind it and light them up!!!!!!! :wootwoot::thumbsup::undecided:

Throwing these out there:
-Grille Inserts
-GMTNation license plate frame?
-Dead pedal cover
-overlays for headlight switch, 4x4 switch, rear wiper switch, radio, etc.
-window switch plate (the piece of plastic that the window switches are actually mounted to)

Just some ideas as far as possible parts.

I'm serious about those door sills though. That would be the realness.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Im In for Trailblazer SS door sill inserts!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah he has some but im wanting to do something a little different. His led sets are very cool though.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
For those of us that dont really need, or want, our trailer hitch... I trailer hitch cover, that encapulates the entire area where the hitch/hitch framing/electrical socket are exposed. And to make it out of a couple diferent metals..

For the guys like me with a Silver 360, the standard Chrome will work. Guys with black, or dark blue, either black chrome, or blue chrome. And what ever else chrome products are available for the other colors..

For those that want to get a little decorative, you could do a small image cutout in the flat part of the chrome, and put a LED behind it that wires into the electrical pig tail. An image of GMTnation.com, or a bowtie, or a GMC, or whatever.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I would be interested in a set of headlight washer delete plates, but with a chevy logo cut out in the center. Would need some way to mount them though, maybe some small nuts welded into the corners. I can get measurements if need be, would even throw a set of white leds behind to make it my new drl's.

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
TrailBlazn420 said:
I would love a set of door sills with the TrailBlazer logo cut out of them so I can put LEDs behind it and light them up!!!!!!! :wootwoot::thumbsup::undecided:

-Grille Inserts
-Dead pedal cover
-window switch plate (the piece of plastic that the window switches are actually mounted to)

I like all of these. Nothing on this list seems too terribly difficult. Only thing that MAY limit me is that the company that I work with on this is VERY strict about using trademarked logos.

If you'd like to share some ideas as far as design, I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

infamouz said:
Some pedal plates would be a good idea. Oh and maybe that steering wheel emblem.

I like both of these as well. Again, let me know what you'd like to see and maybe we can get a design put together.

STLtrailbSS said:
Im In for Trailblazer SS door sill inserts!

If you're talking about replacing the 'Chevrolet' or whatever door sill insert that's in the newer sills, I'd be happy to do that. Give me some dimensions and an idea of what you'd like to see.

TollKeeper said:
For those of us that dont really need, or want, our trailer hitch... I trailer hitch cover, that encapulates the entire area where the hitch/hitch framing/electrical socket are exposed. And to make it out of a couple diferent metals..

For the guys like me with a Silver 360, the standard Chrome will work. Guys with black, or dark blue, either black chrome, or blue chrome. And what ever else chrome products are available for the other colors..

For those that want to get a little decorative, you could do a small image cutout in the flat part of the chrome, and put a LED behind it that wires into the electrical pig tail. An image of GMTnation.com, or a bowtie, or a GMC, or whatever.

This one I really like a lot. There seems to be a big market for the plastic hitch cover that some people have, so having something that could be painted to match the truck or done in polished stainless would be awesome.

blazinlow89 said:
I would be interested in a set of headlight washer delete plates, but with a chevy logo cut out in the center. Would need some way to mount them though, maybe some small nuts welded into the corners. I can get measurements if need be, would even throw a set of white leds behind to make it my new drl's.

Another really great idea, again, only thing stopping me on that is the trademark. That and the second part with the welding. I can't do welding at this point, it has to be a folded/bent piece. Definitely not saying no, but this one would be a challenge.

I obviously really like a lot of these ideas. Anything else you guys want to add?

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
Even if you can't do the "TrailBlazer" logo, if the door sills could have a 'blank' rectangle cut out of them, I could still put a clear/frosted piece of plexiglass under the cut out and light that up! That, or just 3-5 'lines' cut out, maybe a quarter inch wide, and 10-12 inches long, would give us a simple design and still allow back lighting. Just a thought.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Just tossing this out there for some of the folks that are going LED crazy :biggrin: Personally, I'd be in for a new set of door sills... mine are getting pretty banged up.

What about a slight alteration to the existing fog grilles to accomodate some standard 5mm LED holders in a Benz style pattern?

Pardon my image manip skills... but it's a close enough example to what I'm getting at... the black circles would be where the LED holders would go, the rest of the grille could be cut out as normal or whatever.

Cb8cb.jpg

bagdvoy

Nov 19, 2011
I'm in the market for some custom cut Stainless. They would be some one-off pieces. Nothing major(right now:biggrin:). I'll get some sizes together and pictures of what I'm looking for. What thickness can you do? I would need 14ga or thinner.

asautt

Dec 5, 2011
TollKeeper said:

I'm in for this one! If you decide to try this put me down for one.
Alan

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
bagdvoy said:
I'm in the market for some custom cut Stainless. They would be some one-off pieces. Nothing major(right now:biggrin:). I'll get some sizes together and pictures of what I'm looking for. What thickness can you do? I would need 14ga or thinner.

18, 14, 11 Ga. 430 or 304.

Let me know what you're thinking and I'll try to help.

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Would anyone be able to get me some pics and measurements on the door sill plates? My 02 has the all-plastic versions.

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
My '02 is the same way. I was thinking maybe we could get something that would lay over top of the stock ones, and if you want to add LEDs, then you just have to cut the plastic ones where you want to put the lights. Something that goes the full width of the sill, but maybe 20-24" long in the front and 10-12" in the back. They could be stuck on with double sided tape. Just a thought.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
groundshock said:
Would anyone be able to get me some pics and measurements on the door sill plates? My 02 has the all-plastic versions.

If no one else gets to it first, I can pull one of mine this weekend.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Ok I have a couple of ideas for mounting the headlight washer delete plates. Either have them mount with the clips that go into the headlight, or make spring tabs that slide in behind the hole.

I can get measurements if need be.

As for the logo I don't think a chevy logo would be any issues you aren't selling them as mass produced and I see people get away with anything on ebay.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
asautt said:
I'm in for this one! If you decide to try this put me down for one.
Alan

Me too!

And what about sill plates for the Envoy? I'd like to do some LED backed ones for all four doors ('06 SLT, non XL version). If you figure a price, let us know!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I'm all for grille inserts, or grille's alone if you can? I'd also be interested in a trailer hitch cover, door sills, secondary grille inserts(The little area below the license plates), and maybe custom license plates? And this is just something I am throwing out, not sure if it can be done or not, or if it wouldn't be a good idea, but headlight/rear light covers? I know their usually plastic but maybe it could add some durability, and people can powder coat them to last longer.

bastenblood

Dec 22, 2011
TrailBlazn420 said:

-Grille Inserts
-Dead pedal cover

All of those . Totally approved :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.