FOR SALE Custom Dual Subwoofer setup for Trailblazer

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Optimized-20141010_161110.jpgOptimized-20141010_161058.jpgOptimized-20140703_134636.jpg

I have a subwoofer box that I custom made for my Trailblazer this summer. Unfortunately, my plans changed, and I had to sell the Trailblazer and move for work. Needless to say, I only got to enjoy this custom creation for a couple months, but I absolutely LOVED it. The sound was incredible, as the dual subs sounded amazing with the hatch of the trailblazer.

$500

This should fit in all Trailblazers from 2002 to 2009.

The sub box will come complete. I custom made it for these components, so I am not looking to part it out. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

The box is made out of MDF board - the only way to make a high quality subwoofer box. I made the box to fit right behind the seats to take up as little space as possible.. as you can see from the pics it does just that! I used automotive grade carpet, and installed handles on the top for ease of moving around. I also installed quick disconnect connectors for the speaker wires. The grills protect the subs from any cargo you may have in the back. This box fits amazingly snug in the Trailblazer, just like it came from the factory that way. I spent a long time getting the angles just right, and it doesn't move at all once it is in place. This box fits under the cargo cover perfectly, as does the capacitor brackets - I always had that installed and covering the cargo area so nobody could see these subs and decide to make them their own without paying for it. :smile: I pre-drilled and screwed the wood together, and sealed up all of the joints inside to create a perfectly airtight enclosure. I even chamfered the edges of the holes for the subs and quick-disconnect holes.

The subs are Cerwin Vega dual voice coil DVC - and they pound. Dual surrounds ensure maximum travel, which equals more air moving!

HED-12DVC
Power handling RMS is 200W - Peak is 400W
Frequency response is 20 - 500 hz
sensitivity is 90db
Sealed enclosure space is 1.1 cubic feet each

"High Energy Design by Cerwin-Vega. The HED line uses the hottest new materials technology - like vapor deposited pearl-mica polypropylene cones - to provide drop in, drop dead awesome sound.
The HED subwoofers are designed to mount where other woofers can't go. Just drop them into a compact sealed enclosure and you have legendary Cerwin-Vega bass response, to go.
The HED subs sport a unique surround and Cerwin-Vega's proprietary V-Flex suspension design. The V-Flex surround mechanically resists lateral "cone drift" for perfect pistonic movement of the cone - a distinct advantage particularly in high power handling. Composed of UV resistant polyether foam, V-Flex resists weathering which can deteriorate and shorten the life of the speaker."

The amp is a Rockford Punch 800 a2. We all know they are rock solid for performance. Current pricing shows these alone go for $300+ all day long.

2 x 200 @ 4 ohms (13.8V - <0.05% THD)
2 x 400 @ 2 ohms (13.8V - <0.10% THD)
1 x 800 @ 4 ohms bridged (13.8V - <0.10% THD)
Fuse: External 60A

Brand Rockford Fosgate
Model Punch 800a2
MPN Punch 800a2

Key Features
Amplifier Type Dual Channel
Channels 2
Input Voltage 10.5 volt
Bridgeable Bridgable

Performance
Frequency Response 20 Hz - 20 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio 100 dB
THD at Rated RMS Power 0.05 %

Crossover / Equalizer
Bass Boost With Bass Boost
Bass Boost Frequency 45 Hz

Technical Features
MOSFET Circuitry Yes
3 Way Ready Yes

The capacitor is an Atom brand 1 farad cap. It ensures the system always has power at the ready, and Atom is a trusted manufacturer of millions of electronics components.

You can see that this system was built right. There were no short-cuts taken with the creation of this setup. I would have liked to enjoy this myself for many years, but I had to relocate from Minnesota out here for work. I got a company truck, so I had to sell the Trailblazer. My loss is your gain.

I don't know if this will fit in the Oldsmobile Bravada, GMC Envoy, or the Buick Rainier as I have never seen the inside of them. My guess is it would probably fit, but we can test fit if you are interested.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions!

Thanks for looking.

Search terms: electronics, boom, bass, loud, cerwin-vega, rockfordpunch, punch, pioneer, kenwood, trail blazer, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, speaker grill, homemade, home made, old school, fosgate

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
This is still for sale! Dont miss out.. spring is just around the corner :smile:

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Still available.

amweaver47

May 15, 2012
Reminds me of mine! Cool setup, and pretty cheap considering it has those components already installed. People underestimate what a good box does for sound! Someone should scoop this up!

Djamour

Aug 30, 2015
I am very interested in the sub box by itself. Please text me and we can try and work something out. 405-808-0348

- David A.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Djamour said:
I am very interested in the sub box by itself. Please text me and we can try and work something out. 405-808-0348

- David A.
The OP has not been back to the site since May. You may want to contact him @ the email address in his profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online

No members online now.