Custom DIC Intro Displays

caleditor

Original poster
Sep 29, 2013
I was goofing around with an old T-Blazer cluster this weekend and started changing the Intro text up.

I have a few videos

Tuned With HPT

Tuned By Caleditor

PCM Calibrators

And for the Impco CNG powered T-Blazers

I do a lot for cluster work. This has been a project that started after being contacted by Soleil Motors to do a custom display in the Anadi (Reskinned Corvette). We never came to an agreement on that project.
I had this cluster sitting around and decided to give it a shot again and I got this one up and running.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
:drooling: I must say I am amazed. What other options can you do? Report engine info such as speed or temp? Enable loose gas cap light? Enable passenger seat belt light?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
That's pretty sweet! :thumbsup:

caleditor

Original poster
Sep 29, 2013
DJones said:
:drooling: I must say I am amazed. What other options can you do? Report engine info such as speed or temp? Enable loose gas cap light? Enable passenger seat belt light?

This used to say TRAILBLAZER SS when the key is turned on

This is just the introduction message

On the Vette it is Corvette by Chevrolet.

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Would this be something that can be done with hp tuners?:undecided: Curious because I would like to tune my Saab to say something like the TBss does.

caleditor

Original poster
Sep 29, 2013
I need to do some checking. I see that the TBSS have 8k Tach's. I do not see that in the code yet. I found a "switch/Boolean" to turn on the intro. This switch may also turn on the 8k Tach or the Tach may just be scaled different per input pulse from the ECM.

I can take a 8k Tach cluster and make it say anything as long as it does not run too long. I tried and it locks up the cluster.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Pretty sure "SAM'S TBSS" would fit. :undecided: :yes:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Error

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
fireman4215 said:
Would this be something that can be done with hp tuners?:undecided: Curious because I would like to tune my Saab to say something like the TBss does.

No, this needs to be done inside the cluster itself, not the ECM/TCM (what HPTuners/EFILive read/write to).

Cool stuff, if you actually pursue this Im sure a few people will be interested. Id be more interested in being able to disable the TPMS light than having custom text, but thats just me.

caleditor

Original poster
Sep 29, 2013
ScarabEpic22 said:
No, this needs to be done inside the cluster itself, not the ECM/TCM (what HPTuners/EFILive read/write to).

Cool stuff, if you actually pursue this Im sure a few people will be interested. Id be more interested in being able to disable the TPMS light than having custom text, but thats just me.

Erik I am not sure if I can do the TPMS, but the text is not that big of a deal. I use a J2534 device to program it. I do everything in hex. I have no VDF for this yet

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
caleditor said:
Erik I am not sure if I can do the TPMS, but the text is not that big of a deal. I use a J2534 device to program it. I do everything in hex. I have no VDF for this yet

Ah so theoretically you could use a Mongoose to program it? Ive got one that I use for Tis2Web programming, works really well.

I figured you were doing it all in hex, can you use TunerCATS to program something like this via J2534 (with the proper def of course)?

caleditor

Original poster
Sep 29, 2013
ScarabEpic22 said:
Ah so theoretically you could use a Mongoose to program it? Ive got one that I use for Tis2Web programming, works really well.

I figured you were doing it all in hex, can you use TunerCATS to program something like this via J2534 (with the proper def of course)?

I am not using TIS or WinFlash. I will try TIS, but it should kick it back for incorrect zip type

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
caleditor said:
That's Great! My only question...Will it take symbols (like an apostrophe)?
Could I do "SAM'S TBSS", or would it have to be "SAMS TBSS"?

caleditor

Original poster
Sep 29, 2013
BO TIE SS said:
That's Great! My only question...Will it take symbols (like an apostrophe)?
Could I do "SAM'S TBSS", or would it have to be "SAMS TBSS"?

I don't think I can do that () or )(
lol

zephyr429

Mar 7, 2013
So I am more than interested in this. I have already soldered in leds to replace my incandescent bulbs, and im getting ready to pull the cluster out again to to change a few other things. Would it be possible to have my cluster greet changed if i were to ship my cluster to you? :undecided:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher