NEED HELP Cruise Control Nightmare (2007 Silverado Classic)

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Back in 2015, I was able to get my hands on a brand new OEM Combination Switch w/Cruise for my buddy's 2007 Silverado Classic (4.8L V8), and I sucessfully added the Cruise Control function to this plain old WT.

Fast-forward to 2021, the familiar GM high-beam and turn signal "misbehaviors" began in full force. I ordered a repkacement Combination Switch from TheCruiseControlStore and attemtped to install it. Because I didn't have the original cable that went from the steering column to the connectors tucked inconveniently behind everything but the muffler, it all went wrong. I snipped off the little 4-pin connector assuming the colors would match up to where I had my old wires connected, but I have never been able to get it to work.

If anyone has it and is willing to share (or advise), I would like the diagram for the Combination Switch (if a pin-out exists), the digram that might include the cruise control cable going from the steering column to the connectors they terminate atin front of the knee panel, and the pin-outs of any of the connectors behind the knee-panel that have any of those 4 cruise wires terminated into them.

As a bonus, I'd also love to find the part number for that long cable that runs from the Combination Switch to the connectors in fron of the knee panel. I may be able to achieve this one for myself, I just haven't had time yet.

I'm eying another OEM Combination Switch (NIB) instead of the one I got from TheCruiseControlStore because I already know for a fact the wire colors are different (than OEM) and I can't be sure I didn't just a bad unit... I spent days testing different combinations.

Anyway, I'd be grateful for any help that someone might be able to provide.

Jimmy

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did you check the full size truck manuals? The link is in my signature. I do believe they are for the OBS Classic trucks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online