cruise control install

I_Shoot_Back

Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
Ponoka
I got me a 2001 Tahoe for dirt cheap. Problem is,it has no cruise control.
Anyone ever tried to install cruise from another tahoe into theirs? Whats all missing?

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Mine is a 2004 Trailblazer with the 4.2. And all it took on mine was the turn signal indicator stalk change out to a stalk that had the cruise control switches on it and connect several wires in the steering column up (iirc). Everything else was already on the vehicle. The stalk years ago cost about $90. and not much problem installing it. I'm not sure of your Tahoe, but you may be in luck like I was. GM did me well on this. See if Mooseman has the electrical wiring for your vehicle and check the difference between models which have the cruise control vs. one that doesn't.
just my 2¢

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Unfortunately it's not going to be that easy. He has drive by cable, not wire, so there's a control box that needs to be installed, wiring, control stalk, and a tap into the speedo output. Not sure what that all entails on the full size, but have done it on a GM car.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
May require more than just adding the control box and other hardware to control the cable operated throttle. May also need to have the BCM and possibly the PCM reprogrammed.

I_Shoot_Back

Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
Ponoka
So,after much more reading etc it turns out that if you add a multi function switch that has the cruise switch and the cruise control module(box with the cable to throttle body) it should be good to go,maybe a extra fuse? I found a guy thats parting out a tahoe and this weekend im buying the cruise,a front driveshaft and electric controlled mirrors and some small this and that's.
I will report back after i installed the cruise and hopefully got it to work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online