Crimestopper RS4-G5 and Fortin INT-SL+

Tumult

Original poster
Feb 10, 2015
KS
I'm installing an RS4-G5 remote start in my 04 Envoy and have everything wired up and it seems to work fine. Only thing I'm stuck on is the door trigger wire from the intsl to the rs4-g5. Has anyone done this install and know what wire I need from the crimestopper?

mrwitty_1

Jan 28, 2014
I have that same set-up I'm pretty sure in my 2003 XL. I'll check my notes I made when installing and post what I did. My only problem is the remote start always defaults to driver 2 and I never did figure that out. I am reasonably sure I didn't use the door trigger.

Tumult

Original poster
Feb 10, 2015
KS
Thanks. I will let you know if mine does the driver 2 thing. I did get it to start and lock/unlock, my battery died shortly after that. I did notice my seat move though. More testing tomorrow before I wrap it up

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Driver number is identified by the OEM remote that is used, hence the number 1 and 2 on the back. Internally they are the same, it's the order in which they are programmed that determines #1 and #2.

mrwitty_1

Jan 28, 2014
I no longer use the OEM remote(s) the remote start keyfob always defaults to driver 2. It must see the interface at the BCM as driver 2.

Tumult

Original poster
Feb 10, 2015
KS
OK, I got a new battery. No more Duralasts for me. The remote start works as it should but mine also defaults to driver 2. I didn't try both remotes or try reprogramming them. It doesn't really bother me too bad as I'm the only one that drives it.

Reactions: mrwitty_1

mrwitty_1

Jan 28, 2014
I tried both remotes for the starter and also tried reprogramming, same results. I just reset driver 2 to my preferences as I'm the only driver 99%.

Tumult

Original poster
Feb 10, 2015
KS
Yeah, it seems like its more of an issue with the Fortin since it sends the data. I have a Compustar unit that I'm gonna put in my Dad's TB. I'll see if it has the same issue.

Reactions: mrwitty_1

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online