Crazy idea?

McGMT

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Is it just cooincidence that this area is completely empty or is everyone like me and would cringe at the first sound of a branch scratching across the paint of their ride?

Wait, now it is not empty...

Has anyone done it? And I guess my question is, do these vehicles take kindly to it? And is there a decent amount of suspension flex or is it like taking a yugo offroad.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It actually surprises me as I figured at least the older gen Tahoes and silverados and such would have been taken offroad at least a little bit. But then, I suspect that the main group of people on here still are GMT360 owners, and even then only a portion of them are offroaders, so...

McGMT

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Maybe more people are keeping old Jeeps and such for wheeling like I used to do, back before I had three kids and could afford a trailer queen to take to the woods on the weekend. When I was a kid I had a new vehicle that I would venture into the woods with and stuff but now that I am older driving a vehicle everyday covered in scratches and rust isn't my idea of fun.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The really aggressive modifiers and offroaders are discussing such things on our sister site offroadtb.com. The offroad section of trailvoy is where most of the discussion happened before Vertical Scope bought trailvoy. Run a search there for "Offroad with the Roadie". Lots of trip reports.

I was one of the first to heavily modify the truck into an expedition vehicle I can live out of for a week. Click the "Build Thread" link in my signature, and the Youtube link for some trail runs. Quick summary - roof top tent, storage and 12V fridge in rear seat area, drawer storage unit in rear cargo compartment, winch, custom bumper, rock sliders, 5" lift (3" suspension + 2" body), 4" larger diameter tires than stock (another 2" effective lift). First GMT360 on the iconic Rubicon trail.

newstruts07.jpg

elliot8.jpg

McGMT

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Ahhh, ok , now I see why its not in here. That is awesomme. haha

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I got a suburban on 36s that has a fair amount of trail scars.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
McGMT said:
Is it just cooincidence that this area is completely empty or is everyone like me and would cringe at the first sound of a branch scratching across the paint of their ride?

Wait, now it is not empty...

Has anyone done it? And I guess my question is, do these vehicles take kindly to it? And is there a decent amount of suspension flex or is it like taking a yugo offroad.
Were you asking this question about full size trucks, or 360s? You posted this thread in the full size area.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online