Cranks won't start

Greg0322

Original poster
Dec 18, 2018
Knoxville tn
I have an 03 trailblazer and its never had any issues not starting its actually the reason i bought it because it fired up so easily this is the first time it has ever left me on side of the road so a little history on recent issues master cylinder issues and been roaring alot a belt broke in the driver side front tire and it wobbled but then the tire went flat broke so sat for one week got tire and no wobble anymore have drove it past couple of days no issues so not sure why it cranks but wont start i myself have no way of testing anything no kind of tools or equipment any ideas

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Is your check engine light on?
Let's make sure that you are getting fuel to the engine or not.

With the key off, turn the key to the on position (not start/crank) and have someone listen for the fuel pump to prime for 2-3 seconds. You can put your head under the vehicle (driver's side) in front of the rear tire. Or you could remove the gas cap and listen closely from the fuel fill hole.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Guessing what the problems might be in most situations will eventually either ruin the contents of your wallet... or ... You can get the jump on finding out what the OBD-2 (On Board Diagnostics) Codes are held in the Memory of your SUV's PCM are that will pin-point many problems.

Knowing this information can quickly narrow down what you need to look for ...before you go broke throwing parts at problems that really need more confirmation.

A visit to this Amazon Link will show you an array of OBD-2 Scanners that are reasonably priced and getting one of these will prove very necessary for figuring things out:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_5?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=obd2+scanner&sprefix=OBD2+,aps,179&crid=1PDBED349QYOX&tag=elightbars-20

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
i myself have no way of testing anything no kind of tools or equipment

Right there is a reason you can't do anything on this truck is because you NEED tools and equipment to diagnose this. We have MANY threads here on the subject but are of little use without testing equipment.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online