NEED HELP Crank no start!

Mfitzzzz

Original poster
Jul 19, 2018
Youngstown Ohio
I have an 05 trailblazer 4x4 4.2, I did my hub assemblies (unrelated), I pulled out of my buddies garage and my motor bogged out and died now it won’t start at all. I changed map sensor, camshaft positioning sensor, crank sensor, and my ignition switch. It’s just cranking over and over won’t start. It almost started a couple times, sounded like it wanted to but nothing. I can’t figure it out it has 172xxx miles on it. Wondering if anyone has any advice. Sounds like my fuel pump is kicking on. I tried beating my tank with a hammer while starting and got nothing. Can’t figure it out please help me.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
There are a great many Threads that cover this Topic... I used the "Search" Icon located on the upper right hand side of the Main Page and typed in: cranks no start and this link came up with a list of those relevant Threads that you review to find out what needs doing. You can also try a variation on that same expression and probably will find more of them as well. Your best source for Videos on this topic are on Youtube if you search there for MAY03LT cranks no start.

He has one particular video that does has the best diagnostic approach to figure things out in an orderly, logical, problem solving manner rather than just throwing parts at the issue. If you still have your Original Ignition Switch... start by putting that one back in and see if you may have misaligned the teeth on the new, hopefully OEM Quality Ignition Switch you bought. If you replaced the Crankshaft Sensor... a GM Dealership CASE Re-Learn will eventually need to be done.

https://gmtnation.com/forums/search/45434/?q=cranks+no+start&o=date

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

linneje

Apr 26, 2012
You didn't accidentally crush your fuel line when you had it jacked up to change the hubs? Because it sounds like a "no fuel" problem.

Yes, I do know some genius who did that once .....

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This is an old thread.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online