NEED HELP Crank no spark

CDSLIMES

Original poster
Dec 9, 2018
Texas city Texas 77591
I have a 2003 Chevy trailblazer ext with the 4.2l l6 I have a crank no start issue. So far what I have fond out, is that I am not getting spark. Checked fuel pressure and compression, they check out decent, I just can’t seem to figure out what would cause a no spark issue?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did you check the fuses? One in particular powers the coils. Any codes?

CDSLIMES

Original poster
Dec 9, 2018
Texas city Texas 77591
Yes, all the fuses check out. When I hook the scanner up it checks, there is no codes. The plug to all six coils have power and ground, via (test light). The signal wires on the pigtails (at the coil pacs) are not picking anything up.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
He has crank but no spark.

I was navigating the site here, and was wondering what the upgrade supporter is?

If you mean to become a supporter, that is to become a supporter and member of the forum by buying a membership. It would help keep the forum going.

How did you verify you had no spark? Did you pull a coil or coils, insert a spark tool or plug properly grounded and crank?

The other thing that could possibly cause something like this is a bad crank sensor.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
The first link covers that "Cranks...No Start" OT issue the second link was just thrown in to cover any other No Crank-No Start issues.... and it has an Ignition Wiring Diagram that might prove useful:

02TBSTARTERDIAGRAM.gif

I was also thinking that if the OP did NOT Charge up his Battery First and only checked on One Coil Pack for Ignition Firing... Courtesy @MAY03LT... THIS nifty little tool would help to safely visualize the "Spark" activity... and since he has his own Youtube Channel it will not Hot-Link here ...and you'll have to click on the underlined message in order to open it up Youtube and get this video to play:

The Kit shown in the Video is no longer available from MATCO.... but it can be found on Amazon as Tool Aid 23970 In-Line Spark Checker Kit for Recessed Plug for under $17.00:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OCKJDW/?tag=gmtnation-20

INLINEDEEPWELLIGNITIONTESTER.jpgINLINEDEEPWELLIGNITIONTESTER1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.