Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think I just threw up in my mouth...

Reactions: Capote

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Thread revival!

Just saw these on FB Marketplace and are worthy of inclusion.

This one forgot about these some much that he even forgot what vehicle they fit:
Pads.jpg

And this one is rather ominous: :ugh:
Come Alone.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
OK, so, they're 100% used up? Or you mean 100% of them are used? Are you 100% sure? :laugh:

Used Batteries.jpg

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Does it have a 4.8 or a 5.3?

Craftsman Truck.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Do you deliver?

Household Items.jpg

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Check engine light is on for engine cooling valve always being on. Mechanic has told me that it isn't an issue when always open, only if closed.

What the heck is an engine cooling valve? Other than that, doesn't look bad except I hate silver.

Reactions: Beacon and Redbeard

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
What the heck is an engine cooling valve? Other than that, doesn't look bad except I hate silver.
Thermostat maybe? Silver is my favorite...

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Maybe my warped sense of humor, but these two adds (and under free) are adjacent to one another:
1596272300994.png1596272323791.pngwith this wording:
free round insulated ducts, 18" diameter, ~ 80 feet long. And this next to it:Couple of boxes of Magic3 Go Intermittent, Urinary Catheter. Each box has 30 units

I guess when you gotta go you gotta go :smile:

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Came across this earlier, was thinking of buying a cheap TB/Envoy to teach myself how to do more of mechanical work and whatnot . Doesn't seem too bad until the drive door is pictured. He classifies it as a dent caused by carelessness, but it doesn't look like a regular ole dent :undecided:

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
He classifies it as a dent caused by carelessness, but it doesn't look like a regular ole dent :undecided:

Looks like someone kicked the piss out of it...there's no paint transfer or scratches indicating it was swung open on something.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Being from the rust belt I would be most concerned with the undersides. He probably kicked the door in when the PS went out :biggrin:

Reactions: Beacon and Matt

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
The passenger door is in the same condition too, not as bad, but I can't imagine doing it in almost the same spot 😂

I also came across another TB, looked nice until the guy used duct tape to cover the rust on the quarter panel and door.

• Sad
Reactions: Matt

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I don't want to jinx myself, but I haven't had an issue with mine yet.
Same here. But I do have a light out behind my fuel guage. But if it aint broke, DONT FIX IT!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And pictured on a tow truck bed :dielaugh:

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Wonder if they meant you're going to need a crate engine. First time I've ever seen a craigslist post with it on the bed of all things.

Wonder when GM added this style cluster to the TB? :undecided:

Also came across this one. Claims its "clean" ignoring the fact the lower front passenger door is dented (backed in/hit?). Tailgate rusted around the handle, rear bumper was replaced at some point going off the rattle can job along with the rear quarter panel definitely not looking shoddy.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So what would be MAJOR rust? 🤣

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And the nouveau blue/blackish paint. It says like new condition. Can't be that bad?

Reactions: Redbeard

Beacon

Mar 22, 2019
SouthWestern PA
He mearly took the pictures too soon, as since, the rust has been painted over with black krylon.
You really should call and keep insisting on seeing the 4 cylinder, TRILblazer

Edit. I'm curious what this sold for at the auction.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
This one is just scarey... For another reason entirely...

The car drives well as-is, but right now the A/C and the heat will not work.

The blower motor caused an electrical fire and melted the duct work under the dash.

To fix the A/C and heat, you will need to replace blower motor, ductwork and wiring on passenger side of dash.

Not to mention the carpet.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This one is just scarey... For another reason entirely...

The car drives well as-is, but right now the A/C and the heat will not work.

The blower motor caused an electrical fire and melted the duct work under the dash.

To fix the A/C and heat, you will need to replace blower motor, ductwork and wiring on passenger side of dash.

Not to mention the carpet.

And he says "I would imagine these parts would be easy to come by at U-Pull-and-Pay (lots of Envoys in their yard). " Sure, if you like spending a day at the yard pulling a complete HVAC unit!

@Mooseman - If I didnt KNOW for a fact this is a scam.. I would tell you to come buy this "Envoy"

Didn't you know? That's the ultra rare Sierra option! :dielaugh:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well here is some truth!

Garbage.jpg

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Apart from the rear license pocket that's a different colour and the video said it had internet connectivity, I don't see it.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The front drivers wheel.. Positionally, it doesnt look right.

Reactions: Redbeard

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Must be a weird camera angle or something on that wheel, good eye though. The original owner should have been awarded a medal by Troutman's Chevrolet and Buick for helping them with the monthly Yacht payments. The CARFAX report is a thing of beauty.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online