Craigslist, Marketplace, Kijiji morons

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
how the fark is the title worth $800?

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Looks like there is a lien on it. Probly owes 800 on it. A bill of sale would be fine with me as long as the lien is satisfied. I can order my own title.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Crossover? Who's he farking kidding?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think they add that as a tag to get more hits. Or he's a moron.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I'll go with moron for $500 Alex.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Mounce and Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ire up the trolling motor on that one

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: dkvasnicka

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
They're self-bleeding!

Reactions: Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Capote and Tiggerr

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This one is an outright LIE!

SAME AS TRAILBLAZER SS
$6,900.00

Saab 9-7x, 190,000Km
Description
BUILT AT GM FACTORY MORAINE, OHIO COMES WITH GM 5.3 VORTEC ENGINE AWD SPORT SUSPENSION & STEERING LEATHER & POWER HEATED SEATS, POWER SUNROOF DUEL ZONE HEAT & AC AUTO TEMP. CONTROL 6 CD CHANGER FACTORY DVD WITH CORDLESS HEADPHONES & REMOTE TRAILER HITCH & WIRING (TOW 6500 LBS.) BRAKES FRT. 80%, REAR NEW TIRES 80% HID HEADLIGHTS (NEW), NEW WATER PUMP RECENT TUNE UP & SERVICE, WINDSHIELD GOOD RUNS & LOOKS FANTASTIC COMES WITH CARPROOF, NO ACCIDENTS, NEEDS NOTHING. ASKING $6900.00 NO SCAMMERS, PAY PAL, OR SOLICITERS THANKS PHONE OR TEXT 403-741-9331

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...ts&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email_alerts

If it had the 6.0L, sure but this is an outright lie. I can tell you that for that mileage and age, it's overpriced.

Reactions: Tiggerr

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hahaha! Ad said "has good tires". Where???

Reactions: Redbeard and Capote

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Buyer better move fast...prolly won't be long before Georgia DOT / local or state police have it removed from the shoulder as an abandoned vehicle.

Reactions: Mooseman and Capote

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Maybe the tires are in the bed. No wheels for them though :crackup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Here's a buyer moron. I had a set of 19" Pirelli Scorpion winter tires for sale. This guy drove from Quebec City to Ottawa (6 hours) yesterday but was too late last night. He stayed overnight in Ottawa. He just came to get them this morning. He shows up in a Camaro with 3 people on board. Bought the tires and then tries to load them into the car. Only one tire fit in the trunk. The other three he fit on the back seat with the passenger seat all the way forward and the backrest not fully back. Poor girl has to ride 6 hours back folded over the dash.

Not a cheap tire new (~$160US/tire @ Tire Rack). I sold them for $200cad (asking $250) and that's fine. So that would have been $800 + tax = $900. So he paid $200+gas+hotel+time for a set of used tires. They were in very good shape with about 75% thread left. But still, that's a lot of trouble for tires.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
He shows up in a Camaro with 3 people on board. Bought the tires and then tries to load them into the car. Only one tire fit in the trunk. The other three he fit on the back seat with the passenger seat all the way forward and the backrest not fully back. Poor girl has to ride 6 hours back folded over the dash.

Not a cheap tire new (~$160US/tire @ Tire Rack). I sold them for $200cad (asking $250) and that's fine. So that would have been $800 + tax = $900. So he paid $200+gas+hotel+time for a set of used tires.

You forgot all the 'relationship points' he cashed in w/ the g/f for that ride back home...lol. I can imagine how that went, especially since she had plenty of time to calc the cost of acquisition as you did.

Just curious- did he ask for the $50 discount before or after he made that 6hr trip?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just curious- did he ask for the $50 discount before or after he made that 6hr trip?

After. I had set the price at $250 knowing I'd be dealt down and aiming for $200. I had another asshat that was dicking me around before him, initially lowballing me at $120, then settling for $180 but bugging me for pictures of the thread when Camaro man came in at $200.

Reactions: Reprise and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
After. I had set the price at $250 knowing I'd be dealt down and aiming for $200. I had another asshat that was dicking me around before him, initially lowballing me at $120, then settling for $180 but bugging me for pictures of the thread when Camaro man came in at $200.
Wow $120... That's a slap in the balls.

Reactions: Reprise

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Especially for Pirellis of that size. Glad I didn't sell them to him. He can go slide all over the place with his all seasons or pay $1000 for a new set.

Reactions: Reprise

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
OK, somebody either tell me I can't write an ad or this guy is a total moron? I have an ad on Kijiji to scan vehicles with my Tech 2 as a way to pay it off and screw dealers. Here's the wording:

GM scanning and diagnostics service

Do you have a Check Engine Light, ABS, SRS/AirBag, 4x4 or other light come on your 1992 to 2014 GM vehicle? Do you need some advanced diagnostics that normally only the dealer can do at astronomical costs? I can help! I have the same scanner that the dealer uses (Tech 2) to scan and do advanced diagnostics on GM vehicles.

Some of the things that can be done: - Engine diagnostics and testing - Transmission diagnostics and testing - Crankshaft variance relearn /crankshaft angle sensor error (CASE) relearn - Update/program PCM's and modules (up to 2007) - ABS diagnostics/testing/module cycling for bleeding - 4x4/AWD transfer case diagnostics and testing - Body control module diagnostics, programming and testing - Airbag/SRS diagnostics and testing - HVAC system diagnostics and testing - Program a used replacement radio (anti-theft, Theft Lock) - Electrical diagnostics and testing - Learn new keys - Learn new/replacement keyless remotes

And more!

And for those that have a C6 Corvette with the magnetic shock/suspension system and you replace it with regular shocks, I can disable/delete that system so it stops giving an error and limiting your speed to 128km/h.

Please email me with contact info and I will get back to you ASAP. I can scan it if you come to me for $40 or I can go to you (for $10 extra). Please understand that I am just an enthusiast (i.e. shade tree mechanic) who bought the scanner to assist me in diagnosing my own vehicles and just do this on the side to help others save money instead of paying overinflated amounts at the dealership (or should I say "Stealership"). This isn't just a quick 5 minute scan for codes with a Canadian Tire scanner. It's the exact same scanner the dealer uses to do full diagnostics and programming, like in the picture.

I'll find the problem but you or someone else will have to fix it. If bleeding the brakes, I'll cycle the ABS while you do the bleeding. If I can't find what your problem is, you don't pay!

Oh, I can also do the same for Saab vehicles along with Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Saturn, Cadillac, GMC, Hummer vehicles, cars, vans and trucks.

So that's the ad. Here's an email I got:

Hi, I would like to have a diagnostic for my car. It’s a Toyota RAV4 2007. I’m available at this number: +1613xxxxxxx If it is possible tomorrow that would be great. My address is 62 xxxxxxxx Drive.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGH!

Reactions: Eric04 and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
OK, somebody either tell me I can't write an ad or this guy is a total moron?

Hi, I would like to have a diagnostic for my car. It’s a Toyota RAV4 2007. I’m available at this number: +1613xxxxxxx If it is possible tomorrow that would be great. My address is 62 xxxxxxxx Drive.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGH!
I guess they can't decipher what a GM VEHICLE is man lol.

Reactions: Eric04

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yeah that sounds about right...Screenshot_2017-12-31-12-45-01.jpeg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Wrong year :biggrin:

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Reactions: Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Be a good toy for a high school kid.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
The wing will make it go 220mph down hill and the extra long exhaust tips are sure shave some skin off when you walk into them.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
The wing will make it go 220mph down hill and the extra long exhaust tips are sure shave some skin off when you walk into them.
I really have no idea why someone would have the tips sticking out so far from the bumper... I guess to show off that cooooool "burnt blue" color on them! :hopeless:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I really have no idea why someone would have the tips sticking out so far from the bumper... I guess to show off that cooooool "burnt blue" color on them! :hopeless:

Could be they're trying for the bosozoku look without going full out.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Could be they're trying for the bosozoku look without going full out.
Oh my god... Well in that case, the tail pipes are 8 feet too short lol

Reactions: Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Actually, one of our former local members ended up with pipes like that when he had the can cut off and a tip welded in place. The shop screwed up, cut the straight pipe piece too long, and the tip stuck out a few inches behind the bumper. He was smart enough to go back and make them fix it though.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online